Thread: email notifications

Ask your questions about using the forum. Find useful video tutorials in tutorial sub-forum Please post car-related questions in the appropriate car forum (e.g., Healey, Jaguar, MG...etc.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

email notifications

I'm used to getting email notifications from message boards for things like PM's and subscribed thread updates. I couldn't find where I can control that here and it seems I'm not getting thread update notifications. I did check my Yahoo spam folder and didn't seem to find anything from BCF.
    Alexey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Re: email notifications

Hi, Alexey -

Click on the "My Stuff" button, then go to "Preferences". Scroll down and you'll see several choices regarding how you can set up various features of the Forum. Email notification is one of them.

Mickey
    "There are three kinds of men. One who learns by readin'. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on that electric fence for themselves." Will Rogers
    Mickey Richaud '73 MGB, '69 MGB GT/V6 (SOLD! ), Victor TF, '03 Jaguar XK8
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Richaud
    Hi, Alexey -

Click on the "My Stuff" button, then go to "Preferences". Scroll down and you'll see several choices regarding how you can set up various features of the Forum. Email notification is one of them.

Mickey
    Thanks! I don't know what's wrong with me. I must have scrolled through that page half a dozen times looking for it -- duh.
    Alexey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

No worries - according to my wife, it's a typical male thing. I can search high and low for something, and she'll go right where I've looked a dozen times and hand it to me. "Forest for the trees" kinda thing, I guess...
    "There are three kinds of men. One who learns by readin'. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on that electric fence for themselves." Will Rogers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Also, in order to get email notification of a topic/forum, you must first add the topic/forum to your watched list. You do this as follows:

While viewing a topic/forum, click the topic/forum options box at the top and select "Add Topic/Forum To My Watched List".

Once you've selected topics/forums, you can change them to have emails sent or not, under "My Stuff - Edit Watched Topics/Forums". By default, if you have preferences set to email watched topics or forums, you'll get emails on all selected, and you may not want all of them. Hope this isn't too confusing. Basil has a video somewhere here that does a better job of explaining.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I could not find the original video I made so I made another one. Please go to the topic: "[Video] Tutorial on Watched Lists" that you will find as a sticky post near the top of this forum. That video will explain how watch lists work and how to control email notifications for anything in your watch lists.

Basil
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde