• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BCF Global So. Cal Ride

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
As promised...I need a show of hands...whose in on this May 29th BCF ride in the greater Southern California area...most likely we'll meet somewhere in the South County area...but it depends on who and how many sign-up...I'll try to locate it geographically as best to serve the many verses the few...I think we have the makings of having the largest group gathering...so it depends on what and where we go...when I see some numbers...

Any questions...leave a post...hey if your wheels are in the shop...still come...it time to put some faces to the names we see all the time on this forum...okay...sign-up now!

mopease

henri,

just checked my schedule and am pleased to announce that i am not working that day. count me in. looking forward to it.
grin.gif

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
Hi Henri,

I signed up in the Region 13 Discussion group for a Southern California ride - looks like Mopease did, too. Looking forward to the 29th!

Sharon
54 BN1

66 fhc

Jedi Hopeful
Hi Henri
I should be able to make it on the 29th. Either south co or north San Diego Co will work for me.
Where's the best place on the forum to keep track of progress and updates?

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Where's the best place on the forum to keep track of progress and updates?

Here is fine...I'll also post on the Global forum as well...but this is where you can find instructions...thanks...see you soon...
driving.gif

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I can't believe it...I'm off to Vancouver, Canada on the 27th...and will be there until the 30th...so NO ride for me...sorry...last minute deal... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

66 fhc

Jedi Hopeful
Seems as though losing Henri sort of took the air out of our tires as far as this Saturday is concerned. We've been discussing the global get together for so long, I'm sorry Henri can't be a part of it. I think I'd still like to participate if even just a morning get together for breakfast in No. County San Diego or? Who's in? Mabey a hare and hound we make up as we go. A /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.giffew digi photos for Basil is a must.

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
Hi 66,

Nothing like waiting until the last minute -

I'm heading out to pick up my car at the mechanic's this morning, and want to test drive it a bit today as she's been gone a loooong time. If everything seems OK, I'd be interested in tomorroow's event as I have to go down to Carlsbad to return an item at the outlet mall anyway.

If you get this message and can think of a meeting spot or route for a ride, please post - I'll check back later. If not, here's wishing everyone a happy BCF get together, and I'll be on the road in Southern California doing my part for Drive Your British Car Week!

Sharon
BN1

66 fhc

Jedi Hopeful
Hi Sharon
Looks like between you and me ,"We've got us a convoy".
What time were you thinking of? Early might be best to avoid the south bound I-5 traffic that will get bad as the day goes on.I'm open though to what ever time you like. Once we decide on a time we can pick a place to meet. Anybody else want to get in on the fun? Bret, you want to make the run with us? My cell # is 760 535 0243. Phone will work better since it's short notice.

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
Hi,

Hope it's not too late - now that I've got the car home, I wanna do this! Just left a message at your cell phone # - usually stay up til 1 am, or will be up at 7 am, can leave Garden Grove at 8.

Sharon
BN1

n

mopease

i hope everyone that went on the socal ride had a good time. things came up for me as well. (family obligations). haven't driven the b this entire week. i did wear my mg t-shirt however. got a few acknowledgements. very cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif will try to take a scenic tour of south oc tomorrow around noon or so. have a safe and wonderful memorial day weekend everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

regards,
eric

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Sharon...and the rest of the So Cal LBC people...sorry about missing the BCF Global Ride...I was really looking forward to it...by the sounds of it...not much happened...and yes Sharon (got your hint)...I will organize another ride...we need this "heat-wave" to pass first...it would be real nice to have a dozen cars in a caravan...I think it can happen...so keep an eye open for my annoucement...I'll try to give everyone enough notice so you can plan on it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
Hi Henri,

I'm leaving in the morning for Tahoe, but look forward to a local Southern Cal ride in the near future. Just hope it's not a "long, hot summer" this year!

Sharon
BN1 on the road again...