• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Stickey: Sprite 50th CARAVAN Thread

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
<span style="font-size: 8pt">All:

Please use this thread if you are caravaning to any Sprite events in 2008 and would like to meet up with other Spridget drivers along the way, to drive as a group.

These events could include:
The May 16 -20th, 2008 Sprite Jubilee held in Carlisle, PA

OR...
The 50 Years of Spridgets on June 26-29, 2008 at Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri!

OR...
The "50 years of Sprites" vintage races at Mosport, Ontario on June 20-22

OR...
Any other Spridget event that celibrates the 50 years of Spridgets. </span>

NMc (moderator)

I'm new to this forum but have been a "list" member for years. trying to organize (as much as sprite owners CAN be organized) a Caravan from the Seattle/Portland area to Missouri. So far, there are TWO of us. Whooo HOooo!. The route is I-5 to I-84 to I-80 to I-29 and on in. Coming back we'll use I-90. We're leaving Saturday, June 21 and plan on taking 5 days at roughly 400 miles a day. Anyone interested? Contact me, Bill, pythias@pacifier.com. People have volunteered to put us up the first night in Ontario Oregon, and the second in Elko Nevada. Anyone else along the route at 400 to 500 mile intervals?..

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Re: Pacific Northwest CARAVAN to Missouri

well, there goes the "longest distance" trophy :winner1:
grin.gif
unless we can get a car from say South Africa or Denmark

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

I'm not going to MO ( :frown: ) but if I can assist y'all en route, let me know. I'm in Midway, Utah.

OP
Pythias

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag

I don't get the long distance trophy either.. Bill from Seattle is driving further to get there. but i'm driving further to get home.. From Kelso, it's just over 2000 miles, from Seattle, just under 2100, but the two are 120 miles apart. Bill will drive down to I-5 from Seattle to start, and I'll drive from Seattle to Kelso to get home to even out the total distance. ..

glemon

Yoda
Country flag

If you are taking I-80 through Lincoln, NE let me know, we can arrange for an evening or afternoon or something with like minded LBC folks, we have lots of members and stuff going on all the time-- www.flatwater.org

Greg

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Anyone else in the Carolinas going to MO?

Is there anyone else from my area planning on going to the lake of the Ozarks? Or maybe someone from along my path? I will be going down I40 until Nashville and then some smaller roads from there on to Missouri. If I am going to drive it, I would like to travel in a group when going that far. Its about 730 miles shortest route for me. Me and the wife and all the emergency spares and tools that I can get in the trunk and the clothes in the suitcase on the luggage rack. I have worked on a bunch of these type cars and am pretty good a improvising and getting one going again in a breakdown. Just wondering if anyone else plans on making the trip.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Re: Anyone else in the Carolinas going to MO?

We'll be going via US72 from Huntsville, AL to Memphis & then back highways to Osage Beach.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Plan to run the interstates as much as possible, I like moveing a Bugeye at 75 or so. Hehe.

Attachments

• 11026.jpg
    11026.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 301

leecreek

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

My route will take me up to Virginia, West Virginia then through Kentucky. Want to run the Daniel Boone Parkway. Then back to Tennessee to visit some friends then up from there to the Lake. Might even stop by Cuba, Missouri to check on getting some louver's.
The planned return will be to drop down to Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina then home here on the Pamlico Sound.

Road Trip. hahaha

regularman

Yoda
Country flag

leecreek said:
My route will take me up to Virginia, West Virginia then through Kentucky. Want to run the Daniel Boone Parkway. Then back to Tennessee to visit some friends then up from there to the Lake. Might even stop by Cuba, Missouri to check on getting some louver's.
The planned return will be to drop down to Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina then home here on the Pamlico Sound.

Road Trip. hahaha
Wow, we need to talk. I am about as far away from you as possible and still be in the same state. You live on that sound and that is what I have dreamed of sailing my little boat on fro ages, but I don't really know the area that well. It would be a good pull for the midget when I get my hitch made for it. I live close to Tenn in the mountains, just 6 miles south from where I 26 meets I40.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Kim & lee.....we're all going to intersect in Memphis!!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Those smaller roads northwest of Nashville, will they take you through Cape Girardeau, MO?

Jayrz

Jedi Trainee

I am starting from Denver and, if there is an efficient way for me to join your route I'd love to have some folks to travel with.

So going I-80 are you going to be passing through Cheyenne?

If so I could join the caravan there as that is only an hour and a half north of me.

regularman

Yoda
Country flag

Yes, Tony. I will go I-40 to Nashville, Then I-24 to Route 146 going to cape Girardi, then smaller roads to lake Osage. At least that is the tenative plan. I got one of them Magellan GPS systems that my brother gave me and it might come in handy then.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

I drive that route from time to time - good roads...were we farther north, I'd be taking the same route.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Kim, and anyone else traveling this way:

Be sure to let me know when you're coming through, and I'll meet you for coffee/lunch/dinner/whatever.

Clarksville is just NW of Nashville, on I-24.

Mickey

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Mick - they can either run the interstate up through you or cut across to Paris...best way is to run up to Paducah & then across to the Cape...either way, they're near you.

SAMidget

Down here in Johannesburg

No, I won't be traveling to MO for the "the longest distance trophy". Love to have had the money to have done that, must win the Lotto soon. Our club's 50th anniversary trip is a round 2500K or just under 1600 miles.

I did a longest distance trip once before to the US. The Canadian group "The Guess Who" had a reunion concert in Chicago in 2001. So I flew to New York, got a train to Chicago saw the concert, train back to New York and flew home all in 10 days.