• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

"Coooool" Racing

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
"Coooool" Racing

It’s that time of year again! The Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club has just posted their ’03 schedule……Warning! Do not look a this web site if you live in California, Florida or other places where there is no actual “weather”.

https://www.icerace.com/

gene johnston

Jedi Hopeful
Re: "Coooool" Racing

I don't understand. You can't even find a simple car show south of Memphis this time of year. Must be deer season or something.
frown.gif

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior

Gee, That looks like what some people do here in Winnipeg to past the time. I however am waiting for more snow so I can go skiing. We usually have done a few outings by now.
cool.gif

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Do not look a this web site if you live in California, Florida or other places where there is no actual “weather”

We actually do have weather...I think...and I can prove it...our TV station has it's own weather-man...you can even get the weather in our local papers...
crazy.gif

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Everyone assumes that California is like this tiny little state...it's not...Northern Cal is so different from Southern Cal...they might as well be two different states...and I believe there was some talk about doing just that years ago...look at our map...it's like going from New Jersey to Florida...and you can't tell me that New Jersey is like Florida...
shocked.gif

You can travel 30 miles from my home and have the temperature change 20 degrees or more depending on where you go...
rolleyes.gif

Next our weather is not always the same as the day before...in fact today it's practically summer today...I think it's real close to 80 degrees...yesterday the high (at least at my home) was only 68...
hammer.gif

Last, earthquakes don't bother me in the least...I sleep right through them...give me an earthquake any time over a tornado...and surprisingly enough just because there is an earthquake in California...not everyone even feels it...we can have an earthquake 100 miles away...and never feel it...
savewave.gif

We do have a mild temperate weather...and that's why after every "Rose Bowl Game"...tens of thousands of people from other parts of the country decide to go west! In Southern California alone we have more people than half of the States in the Union...
usa.gif

It's getting crowded...we don't have freeways any longer...they are parking lots...that move slowly...
thumbsup.gif

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin

Henri:

Two of my brothers live in your neck of the woods....one of them likes to say "the weather is predictable, but the ground (shaking) isn't".

One of our neighbors here is Janice Huff (NBC weather reporter).

https://www.wnbc.com/weather/1169180/detail.html

Formerly, she did weather in SF. She tells me that she always wanted to report the SF weather in the following manner:
"Same as yesterday....tomorrow'll be the same!"
crazy.gif

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin

I have to admit…this time of year, I *am* jealous of folks with moderate temps…

…but Henri; re-read your post! You said “I think it's real close to 80 degrees...yesterday the high (at least at my home) was only 68...”

This time of year in my neighborhood, “68” and “80” (F) are the same thing! (either temperature would be considered “wonderful”……if the Canadians or “heartlanders” on this site read your post, they’ll probably start throwing snowballs your way!)

I think most of us realize that “Calif” has a diverse climate (but most of your population lives in the “moderate” area). My brother (in San Jose) says it’s like a late Spring day in NJ every day….but obviously the Baja, NorthCal and the Mountains are a different story.

My folks were in Auburn visiting my aunt a few Summers back. They were dressed in Summer clothes (shorts, etc.) when they decided to take a bus tour thru the mountains (to Reno)…..when they started climbing into the hills, the bus ran into to snow and my Father was worried that they’d freeze to death if the bus broke down! We don’t see that in NJ!

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag

I was playing ball a few summers ago in Lake Elsinore, which is about 35 miles from my home, as the crow flies, longer drive, because of the direction you have to drive, the temperature was 96 degrees...when I got home it was only 72!

This time of the year it is perfect Healey weather driving...top down and all...the heat from the trans keeps you nice and warm...while the air temp is around 65...I find excuses to take the Healey out whenever I can...I even volunteer to go grocery shopping...hey I get to drive my car!
thumbsup.gif

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior

Henri;
If there was any snow I would throw some snowballs at you.65 F would be considered great weather here right now. this morning it is 20 F and very nice.Last while day time temps are 32 to 35 F. Thats why all the snow has gone.When we were younger any temp over 35 F was top down driving.We do usually get our cars out around middle of May.
Soon as the snow comes again we will be off in the motor home and go skiing.This is the first year we were ready to go so early and so no snow.They do say Wednesday it will snow.
Best wishes to all for a peaceful Christmas
cool.gif
It is actually cloudy so maybe they are right about snow.It has been great sunny weather.