• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Resurrecting my SV

Bill Tubbs

Thanks to Basil's reminder note the other day I wound up back here on the forum and realized it's been a long time since I visited. I first posted a note about my Midget way back in April 2002, and it's now being played with in another home, but my main interest was the '67 Alpine I had. It's gone to the recycler and a replacement is much nicer -- or was until the head gasket blew (I think).

Now summer is coming and the Alpine has been gathering dust.. and I'm itching to get it moving again. So... I'll start trying to figure out the problems and solve them one by one.

I'm glad to see so much more interest in Alpines here. When Basil started the forum, the Sunbeam section was pretty boring and sparse. Just 3 or 4 folks posted for quite a while. I'll be reading here much more frequently enjoying the rest of the crowd!

Thanks for keeping it alive, Basil!!

Bill

https://tubbs.cc/alpine