• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

First Woman on the Moon!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
FirstWoman.jpg

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
<span style="font-style: italic">"one of these days, Alice, one of these days..."</span>

ya gotta be old enough!!

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
She got lost in cyber space there for a while too. I saw the post from the forum list, but couldn't read it. Think the server went down for a few minutes while you were typing it Mickey. :crazyeyes:

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Steve said:
Please translate. That one is completely lost on me. Who is Alice Kramden?

Alice (Audrey Meadows) was the long-suffering wife of Ralph (Jackie Gleason) in "The Honeymooners", an early American TV series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Honeymooners

Classic, sometimes dark humor, but wonderful stuff. You can still catch it - maybe on TVLand network.

Ralph's line, whenever Alice would zing him, was, "One of these days, Alice: POW! To the moon!"

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Steve said:
Ah, thank you.

Some things never made it across the Atlantic........

...in either direction!

bugimike

Yoda
Actually, in terms of evolutionary TV, All in the Family was a copy of an English show, and an argument could be made that the Honeymooners was the prototype for that whole genre of TV shows!!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Steve said:
Please translate. That one is completely lost on me. Who is Alice Kramden?

Cu9mebE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Oddly enuff I remember that! The golf outfit was a Gleason hallmark.

"Address the ball" !!! CLASSIC!!!

Gleason was an AVID golfer. One of the backswings in that clip shows it, too... he had to duff it on the swing.

Audrey was married to Steve Allen, BTW. Truly the "Golden Age" of TV. Beats "American Idol" all to Hades, IMO.

Thanks, Boss! That made my day. :thumbsup:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
eep. I sit corrected!

Hey, I'm OLD!

All Meadows look alike now. :devilgrin: