• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Townsend, Tennessee

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Mickey- wish we could. Then they could list SP's among the "rare & strange" that have shown up. Really want to make a southern run off the interstates just to see the scenery. Enjoy the show.

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Yes, I'll be there along with a few other of the TVR faithful. I haven't been before but have heard a lot of good things about it so I'm bringing my soon-to-be newly completed "barn find" TVR and look forward to driving the "Tail of the Dragon".

Marshall

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Excellent! It's not a big show, but you can't beat the location!

I look forward to meeting you and seeing the TVR!

Mickey

xbimmer

Am thinking about bringing my '59 Bugeye to the show. Am comming out of Greennwood, SC....anyone else making the trip. I'm assuming up I-26 to I-40 into Tenn....or go 441 through Cherokee and come in through Cades Cove? Any suggestions?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hey -

Hope to see you there. Backroads trip sounds great to me! Cherokee and Cades Cove are very nice.

Mickey

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
<span style="font-style: italic">"Am thinking about bringing my '59 Bugeye to the show. Am comming out of Greennwood, SC....anyone else making the trip. I'm assuming up I-26 to I-40 into Tenn....or go 441 through Cherokee and come in through Cades Cove? Any suggestions?"</span>

Depends on if you are driving or hauling the Bugeye. If you are driving, go through Cherokee.

xbimmer

I'll be hauling it on my open trailer. Guess I bring it through the gorge down I-40....however I've made the swithback drive from Cherokee in a car but not with a trailer. Which way is closer from Asheville? Is there registration I need to do? Where does one stay while there?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks to the organizers of the show - nice effort, and a great turnout, even though the weather was "iffy". No pictures this time. :frown:

Janet and I drove the TR8 over early Friday morning and returned last night. The car did great for the 250 mile (each way) trip. Had a bit of "fluttering" on the way home, just as we were leaving Townsend, but it cleared up and the car ran great. Checked the mileage, and was pleasantly surprised - 27 mpg while running around 70!

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
Great show, Mickey forgot to mention that He took First Place with his TR8, a great car. I was there with a Works in Progress display, heh. A finished Door, a rechromed valve cover and a bunch of pictures, had a blast. Met many fine people. 142 cars, 7 TR3's 4 TR4's a bunch of 6,s, and some spits. Curt Curtis was there with his TR3, and a 10' X 10' awning which was WONDERFUL that afternoon.

Sure got the juices flowing again.

Hope more of you can make it next year, very pretty area and a fine setting for LBC's

Tinkerman

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Yes, it was a very nice event. Beautiful location with some great driving roads. It was nice to get my TVR out for a nice drive after the show. I'm just glad the rains didn't come during the day and only at night.
I'll be back for sure next year!
Marshall