• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Tiger Roared

G

After a twenty year sleep, my 1965 Tiger came to life last week and what a nice sound. Of course, that idle period did nothing good to the mufflers so the roar is a bit louder than normal but smooth and deep. Need to do some tidying up underneath and align the front end and it is ready to come down off its jackstands. There is an ad to sell it in the classified section of this formum. I think it is priced to sell considering that it is an unmodified, non-racer and ideal candidate for a super restoration. If you know of anyone interested, have them contact me for more details. As the original owner, I know them all.

John Peterson
821 625 6789
tholepin@ix.netcom.com

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Glad to hear that the car is running once more. Unusual to find a car in the possession of the original owner. After so long, it's a shame that you feel the need to sell it. Good luck with the sale.

OP
G

It was a long process to the decision to sell but fundamentally, I have discovered that I don't have the mindset to be a car restorer. Add to that the time, money and storage space, some priorities had to give. Grown men do cry but don't look at me too closely when the old girl goes out the door.

John
violin.gif

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Speaking of Tigers, I saw one last night as I was driving home from work. It was headed the opposite direction on the road I was travelling. It looked as if it was being prepared for painting (lots of primer, etc. I wanted to turn around and follow the guy (maybe invite him to the forum), but alas, there was too much traffic and I could do do so in time. Maybe I'll see him around again soon.

Basil

PS: If I didn't already have too many projects, I would be seriously considering this Tiger.

OP
G

Next week is the big antique car week on the Monterey Peninsula culminating with the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on the 17th. I expect to see a number of Tigers touring the area; more pangs of nostalgia. I coordinate the volunteers for the Concours and over the years have never seen a Tiger in the show. Guess that it is too new. My Tiger will be advertised locally during that week but I gave you guys the first shot.

John

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tholepin:
Next week is the big antique car week on the Monterey Peninsula culminating with the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on the 17th. I expect to see a number of Tigers touring the area; more pangs of nostalgia. I coordinate the volunteers for the Concours and over the years have never seen a Tiger in the show. Guess that it is too new. My Tiger will be advertised locally during that week but I gave you guys the first shot.

John
<hr></blockquote>

Hey, if you're going to that, how about printing out some of our cards and passiung them around?
grin.gif

(Link to cards is on main forum page)

OP
G

I'll take some with me. I put a BCF link in my emails to potential buyers. (I also put other links in so don't get too inflated.) I figure an educated buyer is much easier to deal with.

John
iagree.gif