• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

HVAC

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, my 15-year old, 5-ton, 13seer Heil heat pump died...so today there are 5 guys here completely redoing everything to install a new energy efficient 5-ton, 15seer Trane unit....& mine's a split unit so they're having to replace the outside compressor unit, the under house air handler, rebuild the returns, run a new 30-amp wiring circuit for the heat strips, replace the 80-amp air handler circuit breaker with a 60-amp (they're splitting the heat strips out of the old 80-amp circuit onto their own 30-amp circuit) & check/reseal all my ductwork!

Nice Valentine's Day gift for me - NOT!!

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Sorry to hear Tony

I woke up this morning to no heat and tenant complaining. I checked for power hit the reset and still nothing.

Fear struck me, and then I wiggled the wires for the thermostat connection to the relay a vrooom.

Gonna solder those wires when I get home, old and brittle.

Guess I got away easy.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yep, you did...at least they think we can continue using my digital, programmable thermostat.

tony, sorry to hear of your problem, i know how you must feel right about now, 4 years ago my forced hot air heating system and my hot water heater (both in the same room) went none serviceable simultainiously, only saving grace is i was able to replace them both myself, when i got the quote from my oil company's salesman on the cost to replace these units i said many, many words to him that are not and hopefully never will be permitted to be used here.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Our house woke up to a smoke detector beeping. So I pulled it off the ceiling to check the battery. My house is wired so the battery is a backup and the beep it the warning to replace it. No 9v's in the house so I left it on the counter. Still hear beeping but in another part of the house. Pull another down and same thing. Then another, what the... Breaker is fine but I have three beeping all at the same time. Coincidence? Not sure but Jeani is going to pick up some batteries and reinstall. Hoping there is not a problem somewhere. I installed them about 7 years ago when I had all the walls and ceiling open for my renovation.

Are the stars out of alignment or something?

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
To top it all off, one of my overhead garage doors stopped working & I had that repairman out here until after dark! Little plastic gear finally wore away!

It hard to believe I built this house 15 years ago!

tony barnhill said:
To top it all off, one of my overhead garage doors stopped working & I had that repairman out here until after dark! Little plastic gear finally wore away!

- that one a them plastic gears what got "m.g." stamped on it? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
anthony7777 said:
tony barnhill said:

- that one a them plastic gears what got "m.g." stamped on it? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif
No, its got "Craftsman" stamped on it! I told the repairman to come back in the Spring when it was warmer to do the other 2 doors as they can't be far behind this one!