• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

While sitting on the throne.....

G

....and reading one of my wife's many gift catalogs, I noticed a cute little knife from Norway made by Brusletto. $175.00! Wow, I thought, that seems to be a lot for a wooden handled knife. I Googled Brusletto and found 3 knife specialty sites, all carrying the complete line of Brusletto knives. That one exact same knife, sheath and all, sells at these online vendors for $45.00!

Hmmmmmm.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
There's probably a $131.00 shipping and handling charge for the online knives. You should get the one from the catalog.

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
I remember visiting my grandmother as a kid around 1950. They still had an outhouse, a two holer. In there I found a Sears catalog. At first I thought is was for entertainment, but found out soon it had another purpose.

bugimike

Yoda
Tough when you get to the last couple of pages and need more "reading matter"!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

OP
T

Tinster

GregW said:
There's probably a $131.00 shipping and handling charge for the online knives.

Only if you order from Puerto Rico!!

Been there, done that.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

d

OP
D

DougF

Sounds as though you were sitting in the proper seat for reading that catalog.

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
bugimike said:
Tough when you get to the last couple of pages and need more "reading matter"!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

As my cousin Oral would say, "Now it's time for elevens on the wall"...

tinster, now that youve mentioned that what or whom would stop one from taking orders from folks in p.r. loading up a boat and bringing stuff over? customs? local police? does anyone do this? might be a viable business and i could "troll" all the way over. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/savewave.gif

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
It's not a "government" customs or import problem. PR is part of the USA.

But companies will do anything they can to increase profit. Reminds me of "red-lining" years ago - where insurance in certain zipcodes was twice the price of other zipcodes, for exactly the same coverage.

Usually costs more to ship to Hawaii and Alaska as well - and they're also part of the USA (last time I checked ...).

T.

2wrench

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
TR6oldtimer said:
I remember visiting my grandmother as a kid around 1950. They still had an outhouse, a two holer. In there I found a Sears catalog. At first I thought is was for entertainment, but found out soon it had another purpose.

Older black and white catalogs work well. I suspect
the newer full color versions would be a bit too
waxy, don't you think?

Actually, don't answer that. Sometimes, I just can't
help myself from pushing the envelope...and by the
way, envelopes are just too small and the flaps and all....
and..

Sometimes my humor .... welll... kinda stinks.

bugimike

Yoda
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif He's reaching pretty low for that one!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif