• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sunbeamer Unite

61Alpine

I was reading some of the posts on the other forums. Many are more active than the Sunbeam forum. I don't know how many of us there are but I would like to get some more topics going. What is everyone planning for their winter project on their Sunbeam. I for one am finishing a complete body strip and paint. I hope to put the final touchs on the paint tomorrow and then I will start putting everything back together for spring. Last year I completed a V6 conversion to my Series I Alpine. The engine I had in it was about dead and was from a 53 or so Hillman. No power, low oil pressure and no torque. So in with the V6. Can't wait to start driving in the sprint.
Okay lets hear it!
smile.gif

pmenhusen

Jedi Trainee
Just got my '63 Alpine V8 out of the paint shop. I'll post a picture as soon as we get a sunny day to take one. Had new bearings, bushings,&boots put in the rear axle, which cut out alot of noise. Trying to sort out some bugs on the Motorcraft carb(vacuum?). Getting organized for the dash installation discussed in the previous post. Trying to figure out how to patch the hole between the cabin and the trunk. What kind of a V6 are you running?

OP
61Alpine

61Alpine

I have a Ford 2.8L V6 from a 1974 Mustang II. Headers and currently the 2Barrell. I have the Offenhause manifold to put on the 4 Barrell but I haven't gotten to that yet. I have the T5 transmission from a V8 Mustang. All rewired, new gauges, body work, paint, and just getting ready to do the upholstery.

Rob

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
Right now I'm just ready to install my much modified crossmember, It now has mustang 2 suspension added. That is all tubular upper and lower A arms. The lower Arm brackets bolt to the sunbeam mounting holes.How about that.Extensive modifying of the member was needed to mount the mustang rack. All modifications were done with 3/16th plate.Only burnt through 4 times.Must be getting better.This is for the Lister and it will be completly sanded and repainted as the paint was for only a year.This has the 351 windsor.It did look okay but there was still minor defects in the body that needed attention but it was too much fun driving. Where did the time go as it now is 5 years? I thought when I retired 15 months ago there would be lots of time. Seems when you first retire it should be called catch up time. All the things you put off to have time to work on cars comes back to haunt you and you must get it done.One thing though is I'm finally sleeping in till almost 7 AM. This seems unreal after most of my life being up before 6.
Lets keep the posts coming and may we all have a great 2003.
Oh yes we went skiing yesterday.I feel a little bit but Ollie feels it more. No apres ski fun as we were just a little too weary after all the fresh air.
cool.gif

[ 12-28-2002: Message edited by: thegoodbeamer ]

[ 12-28-2002: Message edited by: thegoodbeamer ]</p>

OP
61Alpine

61Alpine

Well I spent 8+ hours today painting my entire car. This was my first attempt at painting a car. Lots of work, but well worth it.
Anyone would like to see it, email me and I will email a photo. Looks great, still needs buffing to take out the dust.

Rob
robertwpaint1.JPG

robertwpaint2.JPG

[ 12-28-2002: Message edited by: Basil ]</p>

OP
61Alpine

61Alpine

I'm going to put in black interior with white piping. Then I have a hard top that I am going to paint pearl white. Also when the $ are available I will get the white soft top.
Rob

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
Looks good to me. great pictures.