• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

'Beam Dream

Tiger

Jedi Warrior
I had a dream last night that I was driving around everywhere in an Imp. I don't usually dream about cars, believe it or not.

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
Tiger.
You must be going ??? over the imps. At Suni 2 Rosemary Smith tried out one of the imps that was always a race car. She apologized to the owner because she had beat his time in the auto cross.If you don't know who she is now is the time.She was one of Rootes drivers. Went on to fame rallying imps.Did some terrific rallying in the tigers.Should see her going through the french alps in the snow or the Scottish rally where the roads are little more than a cattle trail.
cool.gif
The sun is shining. Must try my rear wind deflector out. Its almost freezing time.

impster

Had the extreme pleasure of being a passenger with Rosemary at Road America for 3 laps during the mid-day touring laps in Steve Alcala's (spelling?) Alpine the weekend before SUNI II.

Wow!!! In a car in which she had logged only 3 laps prior to my ride, she went out with me in the passenger seat and promptly caught a group of Ferrari's and a BMW. Having never ridden with a professional before, I was blown away by her skill and ease with which she handled the "little" Alpine. It was obvious that she was just having fun and could easily have passed the more powerful and modern cars ahead of her.

Best thrill ride I've ever had!

Tony

'61 Rapier Conv
'74 BMW 2002
'76 Jag XJ6C

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
Man that must of been a blast. I only met her twice and she was one nice person.She was going to sign the Lister but that was when my motorhome decided it needed to go for a ride all by itself.Went down the ravine and so I got the hard luck trophy at Suni 3. I knew the violin was going to play the day before the awards but I didn't know it would be for me. We did drive nonstop to 30 miles after Fargo the next day We just needed to stop.Insurance sure paid for a fantastic repair job.
cool.gif
I'm smiling as there is allmost enough snow for skiing.

61Alpine

Talk about a thrill. I have a friend who was the national Ralley (sp) champion a couple of years ago. About 3 weeks ago he says to me, "I haven't given you a ride in my Ferrari yet have I?"

So off we go up the canyon in his 2002 Ferrari. We round the first corner and he is just about to let it rip when his radar goes off and a highway patrol car appears going the opposite direction. As soon as the HP went around the corner he stomped on it. Before you could spit we were doing 130 (3rd gear). We went about 3 miles up the canyon with turns that warn you to slow to 50MPH. The slowest we went around any turn was 125MPH and we changed lanes in the process. What a rush. You could tell he had lots of driving experience. We turned off on a side road and sat around for a half and hour to make sure that the HP wasn't still lurking around.

SR

Freshman Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 61Alpine:

Before you could spit we were doing 130 (3rd gear). We went about 3 miles up the canyon with turns that warn you to slow to 50MPH. The slowest we went around any turn was 125MPH and we changed lanes in the process. What a rush. You could tell he had lots of driving experience. We turned off on a side road and sat around for a half and hour to make sure that the HP wasn't still lurking around.
<hr></blockquote>

Ya think maybe your exagerating just a wee bit ? I own a Vette and have cruised for about 10 minutes at 110MPH with a short burst that touched 125MPH. That is extremly fast. Things become a blur. I did it on a flat straight stretch of desert road. It's a little tough to imagine 130MPH through a canyon going 125MPH around 50MPH posted corners. I think an Formula One car would have a tough time meeting your numbers.

Steve