• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MiniMeet 2004....who's going?

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
I would be in seventh heaven if I could get to a Mini meet but have to wait for one within driving distance. I am sure the Mini would make it. Just not sure I would.
grin.gif

Next time one is nearer the northeast (NJ) let me know.

mongoose

I'm driving my '60 down there, along with my dad driving his '03.

rovernut

Jedi Trainee
Can,t go to the meet ..........I,m a Rover owner looking for one of those VTEC 245 hp Minis LOL Does anyone know how to get the music though from the website.........From the original Italian Job........One of my favourite movies
Bill Robertson

OP
X

Xracer

Jedi Trainee

rovernut

Jedi Trainee
Many thanks for the info.........The sound byte on the web site only had a second.........Didn,t work right but great site i,d never seen

_Inwind_

Freshman Member
WE are thinking about it. We have a 1974 and It only has 3500 on the clock. But this may be a worth while tripp for it!! We will be comming from Florida.. any others from the south like to hook up and carovan it?? I think that would be a blast to have a line of minis on the road!

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Inwind said: WE are thinking about it. We have a 1974 and It only has 3500 on the clock. But this may be a worth while tripp for it!! We will be comming from Florida.. any others from the south like to hook up and carovan it?? I think that would be a blast to have a line of minis on the road!

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on where in Florida you are at there is an excellent Mini club called FLAME (if I got that name right), a web search should find it I think, I believe some on this forum may also know about them. I've heard many great things about this club and it wouldn't surprise me if some from that group head up to that meet.

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
FLAME
Florida Mini Enthusiasts Club (FLAME)
PO Box 811
Windermere, FL
407-876-6360
E-mail: mpriest@intersrv.com

OP
X

Xracer

Jedi Trainee
OK guys...I'll be at MiniMeet 2004 at Rockford, IL, June 29th thru July 2nd.

Gonna be hundreds of Minis/MINIs from all over the country......

We have a convoy of Minis/MINIs leaving from the Twin Cities of Mini-Sota on the morning of the 29th. If you see us driving down Interstate 94, feel free to join in.

For those of you who are going, look for the table with the MMPEAPSHA (Mini-Sota Minis, Pizza Eating And Psychiatric Self-Help Association) sign and stop over and say hello. Ask for Jim Baumann.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
What time will you be leaving? Also, at which point will you be leaving I-94 and heading south for Rockford? I could drive out of Milwaukee and head west to pick up your trail, so to speak......

OP
X

Xracer

Jedi Trainee
Steve....we plan to leave the Twin Cities at 9AM on the 29th, follow I-94 to Tomah, WI, pick up I-90 there and follow it down to Rockford.

We'll have 2 Minis driving, several on trailers, + a bunch of MINIs driving. What with gas stops, potty breaks, etc., kinda hard to tell where we'll be at any particular time.

If there's a change in route, or I can nail down a better timeline, I'll post it here.

OP
X

Xracer

Jedi Trainee
Yeah....we'll be going thru Madison on I-90. My best guess is somewhere between 3 to 5PM (barring any mishaps).

We'll have our cell phone on: 1-612-599-0735.

You realise, of course, if you join our convoy, I'm gonna Shanghi you into becoming a club member.....but, what the heck, it's FREE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Free is my kind of price......consider it done! Don't know if I can make the convoy yet, but I would certainly like to try. Have you been to Rockford before? Not a bad place. About an hour and a bit from me. I was down there for a soccer tournament with my son, and he announces at ten-thirty at night that he had left his soccer shoes at home. So guess who has to drive home, get the shoes, and drive back to the hotel that night? That's right, it wasn't him!! (Too young) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mongoose

Steve, my dad (in his MINI) and I'll be heading out Tuesday mid-morning. We plan on taking I-43. Are you going in the MG?

Paul

OP
X

Xracer

Jedi Trainee
Steve....I haven't been there before, but my wife was there for a business conference a few years ago. Says we gotta eat at The Thunder Bay Grille!

Paul....be sure to stop over at the MMPEAPSHA Club table (we'll have a sign up) and say hello.