Discuss the beloved little Mini here!

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Need Help with Rover 1.3 Multiport

Greetings,
    I have scoured the internet for a phone number to Rover's tech department, to no avail. Would anyone happen to have that? My problem is as follows, in case you can help:

I have what I believe to be a 2000 model Rover 1.3 twin-point multiport-injected engine with only 370 miles on it which runs great cold, but hesitates terribly when warmed up. This engine is installed in an early Mini pickup.

Were not sure if the problem is the injectors, the heat sensor, or what. Neither the 1996-2000 factory repair manual nor the Haynes manual covering these cars up through 2000 have extensive enough injection system info and I can't find more detailed info anywhere. We have tried contacting the company in Bristol who sold me the vehicle but they have been unresponsive.
    1) We cannot find the scanner plug either in the engine compartment or under the dash.
    2) The fuel mixture is fine--3.5% hot with no cat.
    3) Most importantly, we cannot find values anywhere for items such as the coolant temp sensor, fuel pressure, map sensor etc.

I would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks much.
    Jeff Brock
    USA

Jedi Trainee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Need Help with Rover 1.3 Multiport

OK.....here you go:

Land Rover North America
    Attn: Customer Relationship Center
    555 MacArthur Blvd.
    Mahwah, NJ 07430

1-800-637-6837

However......probably won't do you much good. These people sell the Land Rover and probably don't know a thing about Rover Minis, which were never imported into the U.S.

The problem with owning the newer (fuel injected) Minis (which, by the way, were imported illegally into the U.S.) is that there is no place that services them, and no U.S. company that sells parts for them.

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks much. I do believe I'll end up talking with someone in the UK about this, but will start with Land Rover US. Actually, the importation was done legally, as the body/build plate is 1969. The question of engine never came up at customs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Doesn't Mini- Mania have the tech books/parts manual???? Perhaps they sell the parts...or will soon follow. Any guesses