• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How much snow on the roof?

T

Tinster

The Mrs life long girlfriend arrived from Wisconsin
yesterday for her annual 2 week winter visit. She lives in
Coloma. Says they are being blasted by one snow/ice storm
after another. 4 more inches the day she left. Glad be here
in the warmth.

We get no snow reports from the States here in the tropics.
How about some snow reports from our members in Nanook parts
of the globe. How much snow/ice this season so far??

A very bright woman to leave WI this time of year. She used
to own a TR4A as her daily driver. Just itching to drive my
finally restored Six.

So how much snow ya got ??

d /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/savewave.gif

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Dale

nuttin here in NYC, just had one flurry this year.

I hope that saying this doesn't jinx us. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Have you been able to get out fishing? A guy just stopped into work and has been catching snapper on the caribbean side of your lovely island.

Pat

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Woke up this am to another 2" and are expected to get another 4"-5" over the next 24 hours. The good thing is all the other stuff melted over the weekend

bugimike

Yoda
Dunno! But there's still fire inna kitchen!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

tinster, i just bout "garr-un-teed" we wouldnt have anymore snow round here when i bought the new pick-em-up truck with a snow plow! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif

BIBBER

Jedi Knight
ARGGGHHHHHHH!!!! we have had snow cover since the 1st week of December...another 6 inches yesterday...this has been a very long winter...the weekend high's are again forecast for around 10.....anyone know if there are British snowmobile clubs???

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Just shoveled up to 3' of snow off our roof yesterday, and chipped/melted almost a foot of ice in places. Drifts next to the driveway are 6' now. Oh, and it's snowing again today.

Stupid winter. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
A good 18" here is Wisconsin before we are done, I fear. Everywhere closed, people riding around on snowmobiles, as it is the most efficient mode of transport right now. Still an unusual sight this close to Milwaukee.

OP
T

Tinster

Wow Steve, that too bad!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nopity.gif

Our friend Lucy from Coloma, WI is going tarpon fishing tomorrow with my buddy Ariel and me. Looks like sunny,
moderate winds and high of about 80*F here on the island.

Another friend from Wisconsin arrives tomorrow night.
I guess some folks know when to get out of Dodge?

We will all be thinking about Wisconsin tomorrow!!!

D /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...here I thought this was somefin' about gray hair....

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
This is what you are missing tonight Dale,

wedsnow001.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
GOSH!! I see some sorta CAR there on th' surface of th' Moon!!!

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
How ford ever got a windstar up there is beyond me too

OP
T

Tinster

But you must admit, those Donner weight loss parties
seem to work fairly well.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

tomshobby

Yoda
Hi Dale,

Wendy's friend surely did a good thing when she left.
By 11:30am yesterday a stretch of interstate from near our home to the Illinois border was closed with about 1,000 vehicles stranded. They were there until early this morning and until a couple hours ago there were still about 800 vehicles there. Because of the drifting and vehicles that have to be dug out they are still not sure when the interstate will reopen.

We are supposed to get a few flurries later today and Saturday more snow with 40 to 45 mile per hour winds. With all the loose snow that should be interesting. We are now officially only 2.5 inches short of the all time snow record for our area.

A pic of our front yard and one from our kitchen window.