• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Slow forum today

T

Tinster

Is the BCF in creep mode today? since I'm having problems
getting pages to refresh?

Or is it my third world ISP running in creep mode?

Anyone else seeing awfully slow refresh rates?

thanks,

d

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Generated in 0.022 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries.

AweMan

Jedi Knight
My whole dang system is crawling at a snails pace, any webpage I try to open is Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! But, I`m reasonably certain my son is running that dam*ed Bit Torrent Downloader again! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! If he wasn`t the owner and paying for the I.S.P. I would be complaining to him attimately! If I unplug his P.C. from the router {He hates that} Everything runs much much faster here, I see NO problems with the forum bieng slow today.

Generated in 14.121 seconds in which 14.099 seconds were spent on a total of 35 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

this is what i got on a refresh of the main forum page using the breadcrumb navigation, After i surfed off from a thread and did not return to this tab(FF) for at least an hour.

Aweman,
keep your computer as far away from your sons as you can. K?

mark

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Jees, your right, those cookies are a problem. Chocolate chip are nasty in key boards.Didn't find any money yet /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
DNK said:
Jees, your right, those cookies are a problem. Chocolate chip are nasty in key boards.Didn't find any money yet /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

Please note I said clear your cookies, not "toss" them /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pukeface.gif

zblu

Jedi Knight
Country flag
A couple of days ago a freighter waiting to go through the suez tore out the main and backup cables to india and the subcontinent, has caused chaos, rerouting through other cables could be the cause of delays

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
zblu said:
A couple of days ago a freighter waiting to go through the suez tore out the main and backup cables to india and the subcontinent, has caused chaos, rerouting through other cables could be the cause of delays

I doubt it.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Just my 2Β’ ...

I can always get to the BCF Triumph forum superfast. Likewise never a problem changing from topic to topic within Triumph.

But every few days it takes up to a minute to change to Pub or the BCF homepage. Like the BCF server is stuck or something.

Keep in mind - it's not how long it takes for the page to generate (the stats at the bottom of the page). It's how long it takes the page to reach your screen.

T.

AweMan

Jedi Knight
SilentUnicorn said:
Generated in 14.121 seconds in which 14.099 seconds were spent on a total of 35 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

this is what i got on a refresh of the main forum page using the breadcrumb navigation, After i surfed off from a thread and did not return to this tab(FF) for at least an hour.

Aweman,
keep your computer as far away from your sons as you can. K?

mark

Mark; They know better than to touch my P.C., Besides they have thier own. The only problem I have here is that my oldest son pays for the I.S.P. and owns the router we are all connected to. He is the one that runs the Bit Torrent Program constantly! I HATE that program! It is one of those P2P fileshareing P.O.S. . When it is running on his P.C. it is a bandwidth HOG!

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm with Tom on that. Going from 1 forum to another which is usually always the Pub sometime takes a few seconds.