• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

*cries*

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I cry because some driver pulled out in front of me tonight and I did not have enough room to stop before blasting my B into the side of his Chevy Astro van... In fact, I had almost no time to react to their in attentive driving. I had ~just~ enough time to shout an explicative and hit the brakes, and by then I had already slammed into them.

Up side, I've no broken limbs and don't seem to be "hurt" at the moment. I plan to see a doc tomorrow morning. My left shoulder is bruised from the belt... my right hand was hurting for a bit... but my neck is just now starting to ache... and I had the guy arrested for not having a valid driver's license... DON'T ask what he present to the officers when they asked for his license.

Attachments

• 9606.jpg
    9606.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 39

Steve_S

Yoda
OMG! I'm so sorry to hear about this Rob. I'm really glad you aren't seriously hurt though. I hope the car is repairable, and if not then I hope you get enough money to buy an even better one. Best of luck!

OP
Nunyas

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I figure if it's not repairable, then I'll get a new car...

and later down the road I'll get an even older MGB... I'm thinking either a split bumper or older. Though, I kind of like the split bumpers.

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
Rob,
That's awful. I'm so sorry. Check the neck out very carefully. I know from experience that it can appear to heal & then come back to chronically hurt years later. I wish you the best on the car & on your body.
Dave

brett

Hope you are OK and your aches and pains are quick to heal and nothing more.

Do you use Hagerty insurance? I'd be curious to see how the claim turns out...

ddrumman

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. As long as you are all right, that's what really matters. Cars can come and go. I hope you can save it though.

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Holy cow!!!! I'm glad your alright and not hurt to badly as that looks like one very hard hit. Definitely see a doctor from experience you are most likely going to be hurting a lot more in the morning. I'm glad they actually arrested the guy for a change and I hope that he actually had insurance.

Slightly morbid but what is your opinion on the performance of the webesco seatbelts? How did they hold up?

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Rob man, sorry to hear this.
It's heartbreaking to see pictures like that and I wish you and the car a speedy recovery, good luck.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Oh, man!

Glad you're in one piece.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Take care of yourself & be real careful about signing any medical releases his insurance company hands you.

As for the B, I'm with you - from that one photo, it looks like the inner fender structure is bent - you'll not know the extent of the damage until you can see if its above the frame rail and whether the steering is still in place......

If the insurance does total it, buy it back & sell the parts!!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
That really blows and good to hear that you are ok - for now.

Rob_P

Jedi Trainee
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif
with all above.

Great to hear you are not seriously hurt. Truly sorry for the damage to the B, but although sometimes we forget this, cars are replaceable.

Rob

RickB

Yoda
OWWW!!!

I'm so glad you could walk away, definitely get checked out with x-rays too. I've got a neck injury from an accident in an MGB over 20 years ago that I didn't have checked out and wish I had. I had a lot of stiffness at first, then felt better, then felt worse again later.

Be sure to have your bones looked at very closely.

I hope that you had uninsured / under-insured coverage too - if that guy didn't have a license there's a good chance he also didn't have insurance.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
If he presented the officer with an insurance card and it was fake or policy expired, he's a felon. Go for th' police, too! Negligence.

I don't go for the "replaceable" thing, either. How many 30+ year old MGB's are there with the things Rob's done to his? Find one. They're ALL unique by now. Not another like it. Period.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yeow! Glad to hear you're reasonably okay, and very sorry to see the damage to your car.

My empathies go out to you. Glad you were not seriously injured.

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nonod.gif
That looks painful.
Hope things turn out well for you.