• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

36 hours of BARRETT-JACKSON

R

Randi

well once again I tortured my self watching this incredible marathon of American Muscle with a few bright spots of intrigueing one offs & LBC's and high dollar Mercedes!! BUT Sunday they sold a vintage racer for $ 27,000. that would have looked soooooooo good in my garage next to maggie ...... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nopity.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

BIBBER

Jedi Knight
Randi...I didn't think you could even get a chair to set on in the premier tent for $27k!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

AweMan

Jedi Knight
I too watched, not all but bits and pieces of it. Seems some of those folks have more money than they can intelligently spend. Nice cars but pretty disgusting price wise in the fact that I myself could NEVER afford ANY of them!
Well maybe a $27,000.00 one if I could get an invatation to bid.
I don`t know that I would find anything I even wanted at the $27,000.00 range tho.
what did someone on the forum say? ........ Dare to Dream Uh Huh.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
TGF Tivo....I can fast forward through all the endless vetts, hemis, SS Chevels, mustangs, camaros and scan for the LBCs, vintage racers and things that are truly historic. They used to be auctions of unique cars only and now we have Craig Jackson screaming at you saying this or that is a million dollar car. Do you think he has an impartial view????

OP
R

Randi

I was an optomistic fantasy bidder........LOL did pretty well till Saturday ..........who would think a 1 off Corvette was worth more than a deusenburg??????????

Randi said:
I was an optomistic fantasy bidder........LOL did pretty well till Saturday ..........who would think a 1 off Corvette was worth more than a deusenburg??????????

It was not worth more than the Duesey....I think it was a set-up deal in advance...look who bought the Vette. All for the show.

BIBBER

Jedi Knight
OHHH...Rick...now you took all the fun out of it just thinking all along these were just a bucnh of super rich car fanatics not knowing what else to do with all their money but to get in a bidding war with other super rich car fanatics...shessshhh!!!

OP
R

Randi

well as cool as Carrol Shelby is..........one more superduty cobra jet or the fact that he owned a car cannot be worth $600,000.00 & remember they sold for $5,000. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

bugimike

Yoda
Well, I just watched a (THE) 1962 Le Mans winning, Phil Hill driven Testa Rossa go for 8.75 million a week or two ago /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif !! Auctions /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazyeyes.gif !!!! Still, it is nice seeing hot cars of all types and people with more money than they know what to do with "playing" for them! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

Heck, beats a lot of what else is on the great waste-land!!
It's the kind of thing you can leave on in the background, do other stuff and glance at when something interesting comes along! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I made the mistake of buying the Auto Trader -
- "California Statewide" edition.I ended up talking
to myself a lot while looking at the asking prices.
I think B-J has everything to do with that.
I understand that they have cars for sale in the parking
lot by the auction that are more realisticly priced.

- Doug