• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Life's simple pleasures

G

potatopeeler.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Just had a bowl of black-eye'd pea soup I whipped up yesterday. Ham chunks, veggies... et with some fresh bread.

Gotta say, you're spot-on, sir! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

bugimike

Yoda
Ah! You haven't lived till you've had 'em Med-style...just Black-eyed peas, some olive oil, lemon juice, chopped parsley, diced onion and salt to taste and some pita-bread on the side!!! Yum!!!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
MMMM. I got the urge to go cook up sumpin good. I love cooking.
I think its the instant gratification part.

OP
T

Tinster

DrEntropy said:
Just had a bowl of black-eye'd pea soup I whipped up yesterday. Ham chunks, veggies... et with some fresh bread.

I hate you, Doc!!! And for punishment, me and the Mrs.
will dine tonight in the Old City at Il Bacaro and post
our eats!!

ummm ummm good!

Please pass the Pepto!

d

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Well, since that post we've gone to din-din. "All-u-can-Eat" BBQ ribs. Baby back, at a "Sam Seltzer's". First visit for me.
I'll go back. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

OP
G

Joe's Stone Crab in Miami. Is it still there? And Cye's. There is no better than fresh Florida stone crab. Nothing.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Ahhhhh ~burrrp~ *'scuse me*
Pulled out the "Taste of Puerto Rico " cook book and made some whoppin good breaded pork chops.
Rub in salt, fresh ground pepper, fresh garlic, paprika and let it sit for 45 min.
Fry in oil 3 min a side, dip in egg, coat with crumbs, re fry 1min45 a side.
Added some steamed string beans with red and yellow bell peppers and mushrooms as a healthy side. (make up for the oil fry)
And a tall chilly mug of milk.
yummm...
Im thinkin pasta woulda benn a bit better side, but the veggies were good. (and I still got one of those chops for later hehehehehe)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We always went to "The Rustic In Crab House" in Miami. Herald newspaper for tablecloths, wooden mallets (I have a six-piece collection /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif) and BIBS!! The entertainment was watchin' Morey an' Rose Newyawk encounter THAT place for th' first time!!! Woo-HOO!!!
Plaid slacks 'n patent leather gone fer a CHOP! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

OP
T

Tinster

Fresh baked bread (pan agua), Caesar salad with fried
calamari rings, angle hair pasta with hhot spicy putanesca
sauce** followed by coffee Cubano con leche.

** Call the fire trucks- mouth's on fire!!!

**Warms ya twice. Down the hatch and out the scupper.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

d

bugimike

Yoda
Doc. you got some GREAT crab-houses over on your side too!! One o' the best I have enjoyed, an' I don't even remember the name of the place (but I know WHERE it is!!) is over on Pine Island just south of Punta Gorda!!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ya need to be keepin' that under yer hat, Mike. We got enuff New York refugees o'er here as it is.

bugimike

Yoda
Ooops!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif a wink is as good as a nod to a blind man!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

OP
V

vagt6

Since we're talkin' comfort food here, does a wee dram of nice Scotch whisky count???

I certainly hope so . . . /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thirsty.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Darn right.

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
vagt6 said:
Since we're talkin' comfort food here, does a wee dram of nice Scotch whisky count???

Or two,even three!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thirsty.gif

One of my favourite comfort foods. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

Stuart. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
ecurie_ecosse said:
vagt6 said:

One of my favourite comfort foods. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

or perhaps a little black bush

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
weewillie said:
ecurie_ecosse said:
vagt6 said:

or perhaps a little black bush

Sure Willie, and if you like, a little Jameson's too. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif