• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

WHAT, NO NEW MINIS IN TEXAS???!!!!

t-waller

Freshman Member
Apparently there will be no texas dealers allowed to sell new Minis, unless they get them "bootleg style". Reason.......well, BMW told all tx. dealerships that they must build new facilities to accomedate their new SUV.this included, sales and service dept. All the Tx. dealers got together and took BMW to court and the tx. dealers won. Mad at the dealers, BMW said no Minis for you
nonod.gif
devilgrin.gif
: :

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
I heard they have to build a seperate showroom, plus sell mini merchandise and specially train staff. Seems a bit much. I am sure some lightly used ones will show up quickly.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
This comment about a "dedicated Mini building" seems to be correct. Our local BMW dealer converted a nearby gas station to it's "Mini dealership" and Princeton Mini (near the University) also uses a dedicated "Mini dealership building" (I passed them both last week). I've heard that the Mini might pull away customers from the lower-end "3" series customers if they were side-by-side in the same dealership.....in my case, I think the "3" series is a nice car but I think the Mini has much more "curb appeal".

William

Darth Vader
Ive heard the same thing about "dedicated Mini stores" and it reminded me of a column Jamie Kitman wrote several years back in CAR, when BMW still owned The English Patient....er, I mean Rover. Bernd P. (cant spell his last name) is a huge British car nut, and was always going on about reintroducing British makes to the States. Most people thought this was a stupid idea-Americans only want MGs and Triumphs, blah blah blah, nobody knows what a Rover is, etc. Kitman suggested that BMW get a good line of "British" cars together, and sell them in dedicated "British Car Dealerships" allied with existing BMW stores. Sell merchandise, etc., a whole cultural thing. I thought it was a great idea (still do), and Kitman said (rightly I guess) that it was just like "import" car stores back in the sixties-they sold all sorts of stuff through the same showroom. Naturally BMW has sort of gone ahead and done it with the MINI dealerships.
-William

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
I agree William. I always enjoyed going to the specialty British car shops in the 60's. Maybe picking up a key fob etc. Perhaps, the MGF, Mini and possibly the new Healey, could also be sold there.
Johnny, 59bn7, 75mgb
cheers.gif