• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Would you sell an Austin Healey for the MINI

Dave Dunbar

Freshman Member
My wife and I have owned our Bugeye for about 6 years. I love the car dearly, however, she is a garage queen. We drove her all of about 200 miles this year.
Personally, I enjoy driving. Heck, we bought our Miata so I could suplement the Bugeye with a car I could take on long trips.
I find myself in love with the new MINI. I am even on the waitng list here in town. Would you guys sell a '59 Bugeye and get the new MINI? I figure I can get about $7,500 for the Bugeye.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Dave Dunbar ]</p>

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
If I had to choose between my Spridget and my Miata (and I hope I never have to), I'd sell the Miata in a minute (and I really love my Miata!)
It's really a "Devil's Choice".....don't you have a boat or something else you could sell instead?
wink.gif

JW

Freshman Member
I say if you want a new Mini. Buy it! That is if you are willing to take a loss in value of around 50% of the new purchase price over the next 5-10 years. Mean while the the Sprite will probably double in value. Honestly I would would advise you to keep the Sprite for now. Watch the used car market on the new Mini. If you still want one in in 5-10 years, you will probably be able to get one for the same price as you will be able to sell your Sprite for.
cheers.gif
JW

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: JW ]</p>

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
When your in love..logic has no place.

I saw the new mini..I think its cool as heck.

I would drive one and then decide.

200 miles a year is not what a car is about..JMO..

Either use it or lose it..

Good luck in whatever you decide..

A

aerog

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave Dunbar:
[QB]Would you guys sell a '59 Bugeye and get the new MINI? I figure I can get about $7,500 for the Bugeye.
QB]<hr></blockquote>

Nope, not a chance
smile.gif

William

Darth Vader
Keep the Bugeye, get rid of the Miata (this from a Miata owner, at that.)
Just charge that two cents, landlord!
thirsty.gif

-William

OP
D

Dave Dunbar

Freshman Member
I keep wondering how much the value of the Bugeye would increase. In the 6 years I have had it, the value has not really gone up that much. We paid $4,900. In that time I have put in a new carpet set, recovered the seats, polished the aluminum interior trim, dressed up the engine, and added a set of Minilites. I figue I have about $7,000 in it. Most folks say I could sell it for that.
I cannot sell the Miata as I love it too much and drive it fairly frequetly...it is the perfect weekend getaway car.
I will drive the new MINI when the dealer calls...if I love it and can talk the wife into it, I will probably buy. But I am still on the fence with the Bugeye.
Anyhow...thanks to all for the feedback.
cheers.gif
!

MIN13K

Freshman Member
Mate keep the bugeye and the miata forget the mini if you want real driveing pleasure get a REAL mini (Austin Morris Leyland Rover) not a BMW they are over sized and over prised the mini is supoused to be about buget motoring and scaring the heck outa ppl on the winding back rds ....
pukeface.gif
thats what the new mini dose for me ...... oh yeah i was at a mini show about 3 to 4 months ago i said to the BMW sales man what is the feature on this car that makes it look like a mini he said look at the front i looked nope don't look like a mini to me so i took him to look at a 66 mini cooper s i said to him look at this tell me what makes it look like a BMW he said nothing ...... point
smile.gif