• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Little Test

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Are you the weakest link?
Below are four (4) questions. You have to answer them instantly. You can't take your time, answer all of them immediately. OK? Let's find out just how clever you really are.

Ready?

GO!!!

First Question:
You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Answer: If you answered that you are first, then you are absolutely wrong!! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second! Try not to screw up in the next question. To answer the second question, don't take as much time as you took for the first question. Second Question: If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong again. Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST person?!

You're not very good at this are you?

Third Question: Very tricky math! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it. Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?

[ 08-13-2003: Message edited by: Henri ]</p>

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Did you get 5000? The correct answer is actually 4100. Don't believe it? Check with your calculator! Today is definitely not your day. Maybe you will get the last question right?

Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Answer: Nunu? NO! Of course not. Her name is Mary.
Read the question again.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Oh, Henri....you're on a roll! Bubba's beware!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Excellent! (I got them all wrong...time for more coffee)

racing girl

Jedi Knight
... just go to Florida would you...
hammer.gif

3 out of 4, and no, I'm not telling which one I got wrong..
blush.gif

I contend question 2.... if you LAPPED the last place person you would then be second from last!! This isn't the one I got wrong... it came to me in a flash of inspiration later... hence the edited post!

[ 08-14-2003: Message edited by: racing girl ]</p>

G

on the second question you actually could be second to the last if he is very slow and has been lapped by the entire field, ending with you.
driving.gif
That of course would mean I am driving the last car
crazy.gif

MGFever

OK, I'm an Engineer and a Trainer but I'm completely in the dark about the addition question!
shocked.gif
It could be that since I'm at a Distance Education conference, maybe I'm brain dead! Anyone want to take a shot and give me a blinding flash of the obvious?!!!
confused.gif

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
MGFever,

Its ok I understand MG guys are sometimes a little slow on the uptake. 40+30+20+10=100; 1000x4=4000; 4000+100=4100. Sometimes it takes a Triumph guy to figure out the hard math. Just joking MG guys aren't all that slow they just can't spell Morris Garage.

Cheers,
thirsty.gif
driving.gif

Walter

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Gene,

I don't blame you I would have done the same. Whats it like having the mark of the beast?

Cheers,
thirsty.gif
driving.gif

Walter

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Racing Girl wrote...3 out of 4, and no, I'm not telling which one I got wrong

I'm guessing the last one...probably because you weren't paying attention...
rolleyes.gif

I escaped from Florida...regardless...
crazyeyes.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
alligators tossed him back!
angel.gif
cheers.gif
devilgrin.gif

[ 08-28-2003: Message edited by: tony barnhill ]</p>

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Alligators taste good - I know that! So do frog legs! &, 'Mudbugs'!