• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Nix on jokes about other countries

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I understand that there are a lot of emotions regarding events in the world today, but please keep in mind that we currently have and always will welcome members from all around the world here.

What I'm saying is, please don't post jokes that may be offensive or insulting to members from other nations - regardless of whether we agree or not with positions their governments may have taken.

I can assure you that I have extremely strong opinions about current events, but this is not the forum for me to express them or I'd loose at least half my members (the half that doesn't agree with me)

I just don't want anyone to feel like they are not welcome here.

Thanks,
Basil

MattP

Jedi Knight
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Basil:
I understand that there are a lot of emotions regarding events in the world today, but please keep in mind that we currently have and always will welcome members from all around the world here.

What I'm saying is, please don't post jokes that may be offensive or insulting to members from other nations - regardless of whether we agree or not with positions their governments may have taken.

I can assure you that I have extremely strong opinions about current events, but this is not the forum for me to express them or I'd loose at least half my members (the half that doesn't agree with me)

I just don't want anyone to feel like they are not welcome here.

Thanks,
Basil
<hr></blockquote>

Basil is completely right. I participated in the removed thread and I am sorry. Sometimes it is too easy to forget that our rights come with responsabilities. This should remain a place friendly to all.

To any offended I again apologise.

MattP

A

aerog

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Basil:
I'd loose at least half my members <hr></blockquote>

...of course that could also cause you to double your membership
smile.gif