• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGC MGC rolling chassis on Craigslist

RickB

Yoda
I just saw this one: MGC roadster chassis - I've emailed him twice this morning.

It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures if this one is better than what I've got. What if any issues are there in switching from my CGT to a C roadster? I know all my good bits will swap right over (bumpers, tail lights, etc). I assume my power train would slip right in.

What do you guys think?

Oh, I forgot to mention it's only 15 - 20 miles from my home.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Why heck has to be 200 bucks worth of recoverable parts if you have space and time. Go visit with a nice fresh $100 bill.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
Sheesh I emailed him 2 hours ago & haven't got a reply yet!!!

It is hard to be patient when i know there are others out there trolling for MGC stuff.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
Either way it could donate to my CGT or my GT could be the donor to it. If I get to see it I'll know more.
Already got the blessing of the Wife.
(Gee honey, another car body in the yard? Well... OK.)

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Lucky its too far from me!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
That's a shame. Hope someone takes it before it is crushed.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
I'm trying.
He hasn't answered my email.
I put up a post with the same title with the additional word: "WANTED" in the same area and asked him to call or email me. I don't know what else I can do, I just have to hope he emails or calls.

Lotsa good stuff still left on that shell (ie - the slam panel).

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
He doesn't get home from work until late, he contacted me & I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow.

I'm giving Chuck the address to this site, I mentioned it & he sounded interested - maybe a new member on the way!

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
Chuck seems to ba a great guy. He has an MGB - don't know much about it yet. He says he can tow the MGC chassis to my home on his trailer for gas money. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

Now I have to figure out where I'm going to put it /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nothing like your very own parts car, nice..

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
I'm going to have to remove a section of my fence to roll cars through. Right now I have a car in the back but no way to get it out due to fences that my neighbor and I have built.

One of mine is in 8 foot cedar fence sections, these are screwed to posts at each end.
If I drill 3/8" holes through while it is all connected then after I remove the screws I will be able to put it back together using steel pins (or bolts). Then whenever I need to go through it will be a simple matter of removing the pins.

Here's my biggest dilemma: If I get this new MGC "parts" car I am going to be sorely tempted to want to restore them both. After all, how cool would it be to have both 69 MGC-GT and 69 MGC Roadster?

I'll have to work that one out.
Clearly I'm going to need more "shop" space back there. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]After all, how cool would it be to have both 69 MGC-GT and 69 MGC Roadster?[/QUOTE]
Beyond way cool - mandatory! I've got a '68 MGC & a '69 MGC GT.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
Well Tony, I'm going to have to discover your secret of how you support this LBC habit of yours.

Here I am with a Midget, an MGC-GT and soon a C roadster and I have no idea how I'm going to get everything I need to complete them.

Not to mention how I'm going to put together a proper shop.

If you have a secret (and clearly you do) I think it's high time that you go on tour and hold some seminars. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Or write a book /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There ya go, Tony needs to write a book. Darn right.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
hehehehehe

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'll start it for him.

Working title: MGs everywhere.

There were these little British cars all over the place. Under sheads, in the garage, in the driveway, in front of the house, up against the walls, everywhere.

When the Colonel reviewed the field early in the morning he smiled and saw that all was good except for one wayward TD.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]When the Colonel reviewed the field early in the morning he smiled and saw that all was good except for one wayward TD. [/QUOTE]
& 1 wayward '79 roadster that I've gotta go to Mississippi & retrieve from a bodyshop that hasn't answered my emails in several weeks!

As for a book, is this a beginning?

https://www.theautoist.com/buying_an_mg1.htm