• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Back in Business

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
AWRIGHT!!! Great news, Morgan! Now you need to keep postin' so's to poke me inna butt to get busy on mine. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
MoPho said:
DrEntropy said:
AWRIGHT!!! Great news, Morgan! Now you need to keep postin' so's to poke me inna butt to get busy on mine. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Is it done yet?

Good on you! We need to keep on this guy's case, so that he can transform the pile of carboard boxes and general garage detritus into a working Elan once again!

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Well, no-one claims to have seen it. You have to take a man's word for it when he gestures toward the debris and says, "It's under there somewhere". /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Maybe I can borrow some twin cam parts for the Cortina.

- Doug

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
eeep! This means I gotta meet Doug on "neutral territory" away from th' hovel!

Steve said:
Well, no-one claims to have seen it. You have to take a man's word for it when he gestures toward the debris and says, "It's under there somewhere".

That's 'camoflage' I'll have you know.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
eeep! This means I gotta meet Doug on "neutral territory" away from th' hovel!

Steve said:
Well, no-one claims to have seen it. You have to take a man's word for it when he gestures toward the debris and says, "It's under there somewhere".

That's 'camoflage' I'll have you know.

Most cunning. It obviously works! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We'll post the photos. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

OP
MoPho

MoPho

Jedi Trainee
Haven't taken any.

Already out of business, car won't start. There is an electrical short that is killing the battery and diverting the power from the starter. It's going back to the shop tomorrow /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

OP
MoPho

MoPho

Jedi Trainee
Turned out the battery kill switch was corroded internally (of course that was the last place we thought to look as I never had problems with it before). I guess the combination of me washing the car after it had sat for nine months sped up the death of the switch.
Been replaced and car is back on the road /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

G

I have to chime in. I saw DocE's Elan. It does exist. Or at least the pieces visible under the piles of stuff do. Whether it'll ever run again is open for debate. I reckon he's gonna need heavy lifting gear just to GET to it /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I saw it too - It's "Under Restoration",just like
my Anglia!

- Doug

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I rather suspect that's the case. A quick bung of a six-pack of something decent and the guys will flock to his defence. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I can be bought as well, Doc. Just in case you were wondering. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'd little doubt, Steve. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

...tho when I offer the swill I keep here it usually gets a polite: "Ahh, I think I'll have something else, thanks. Got any water?..." /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
CAB does not qualify as something decent Steve. I hear Buckhorn would be a huge improvement. Sorry Doc!! :p