• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

For Sale Ads

A

aerog

Someone was talking about eBay somewhere or another and I thought I'd waste some time by poking fun at some of the ads I've seen online.

* 1979 MG J2 MIDGET SPORTS B CONVERTIBLE
-- This one has been around awhile and constantly fascinates me and makes me wonder if it's a huge horrible typo, or the person has absolutely no idea what it is he's selling.
It turns out to be an MGB

* 1979 MG B, , good condition, runs great, lots invested, got married, need to sell
-- Says it all huh?
smile.gif

* 1977 MG B, CONVERTIBLE, New Paint, Top, Tires & Rims, 6 Disc Changer, Sound Sys, Runs Excellent, Needs Minor Electrical Work
-- This could be an original ad from 1977 couldn't it?
wink.gif

* (MG Midget)...Purchased the vehicle and wife does not care for it. So, I must sell. All offers considered.
-- No comment
smile.gif

[ 08-03-2002: Message edited by: aerog ]</p>

lawguy

Jedi Knight
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aerog:
* 1979 MG B, , good condition, runs great, lots invested, got married, need to sell
-- Says it all huh?
smile.gif
<hr></blockquote>

Excuse me, but I think it's illegal to sell wives.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>* 1977 MG B, CONVERTIBLE, New Paint, Top, Tires & Rims, 6 Disc Changer, Sound Sys, Runs Excellent, Needs Minor Electrical Work
-- This could be an original ad from 1977 couldn't it?
wink.gif
<hr></blockquote>

Let's see 6 disc CD changer and a new sound system. No wonder it needs electrical work- with a stock charging system, there's not enough juice left to run a cigarette lighter.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> * (MG Midget)...Purchased the vehicle and wife does not care for it. So, I must sell. All offers considered.
-- No comment
smile.gif
<hr></blockquote>

Another guy with the wife thing. I mean, he can't actually be talking about the car....that'd be sick.

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: lawguy ]</p>

OP
A

aerog

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pmenhusen:
Bumper Sticker: "I got this Little British Car for my wife. I think I made a pretty good trade!"<hr></blockquote>

lol.gif

OP
A

aerog

The bumper sticker reminds me of a story... and it's a real one too by the way.

Quite a few years ago I took a day to drive out in the mountains, taking my time to explore along the way. I came up to a river and decided to drive down to the base of the bridge to look at the river, and saw that the bottom, sides, and concrete embankment around the bridge were covered with graffitti.

In huge letters I saw the message "My best friend ran off with my wife"

I read that and kind of thought, gosh, that's sad. Some poor guy came here with a broken heart and wrote that. Life huh.

...then I read in small letters along the bottom "...and I miss him!"

smile.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
OK, this is an old one I've seen before (and the ladies on this forum will probably kill me...)

Saw it at a car show I was at recently, hanging on a nice looking '51 Chev, owned by an older fellow.

Sign:

Wife Wanted-prefer one that can cook and owns a bass boat with motor-send picture of motor.

TypeRboy

Jedi Warrior
I like the winner of a recent personalized licence plate contest.. Plate read..

D WIFED