• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BCF gathering this summer?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
All:

If we can hit 3000 members by this summer, I have been thinking about the possibility of holding a simultaneuos "British Car Forum" gathering across the country (and maybe oversees as well). The idea would be that we would have several "meeting points" in various regions across the country (or in other countries as well) and on a certain date and time, members would meet up at which ever location was closest to them, then we would go on a nice cruise. I'd like to hear what you all think and if you have any suggestions. It could be a lot of fun and allow people to put faces to the names!

Basil
jester.gif

[ 03-15-2003: Message edited by: Basil ]</p>

healeygal

Jedi Warrior
Good idea, Basil. I know I enjoyed Henri's Orange County BCF ride last month, so a "regional" event should be a lot of fun. One problem might be picking a date that doesn't conflict with any other LBC gatherings. Otherwise, sounds good to me!

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by healeygal:
Good idea, Basil. I know I enjoyed Henri's Orange County BCF ride last month, so a "regional" event should be a lot of fun. One problem might be picking a date that doesn't conflict with any other LBC gatherings. Otherwise, sounds good to me!<hr></blockquote>

Yep, you guys out there are ahead of the curve! The date will be the biggest thing no doubt about it. What would really be cool is if we could organize several regions and members from each region would drive to some central local so that members from different regions could meet up! Like spokes on a wheel meeting up at some "hub". Just for example, we could have a hub, say, in Las Vegas, with spoke regions in N. California, S. Colifornia, Arizona, Utah, etc. The drive to the hum would be optional, or some members could drive part way, etc. Just something to think about. We would need volunteers for regional coordinators of course.

Basil

Tintinmilou

I missed an OC outing?! Dang! Please let me know of any others! I'm in Mission Viejo.
I think nationwide event is great! My MGB is in pieces, but my MGA is in running trim! I might even get my dad's '49 TC running.... ;-)

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tintinmilou:
I missed an OC outing?! Dang! <hr></blockquote>

Yep, some of our members out there took it upon themselves to hold the first-ever BCF outing!
But stay tuned - there will be more!

Basil

Ken

Freshman Member
With regard to the BCF outing and points for gathering I offer my place to be a point for gathering. I am located in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia outside of a little village called Middlebrook. We have a small farm, a large Auto House, and sponsor tours and Rallys for our local clubs (Shenandoah Valley British Car Club, and the local chapter of the Porsche Club of America). All the events we put together are free and are called "Summerdean Tours". I do tons of road trips in my 1959 MGA. So if Basal and others are interested I offer my place as an East Coast gathering point. By the way this is my first posting, otherwise I have been a lurker.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ken:
With regard to the BCF outing and points for gathering I offer my place to be a point for gathering. I am located in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia outside of a little village called Middlebrook. We have a small farm, a large Auto House, and sponsor tours and Rallys for our local clubs (Shenandoah Valley British Car Club, and the local chapter of the Porsche Club of America). All the events we put together are free and are called "Summerdean Tours". I do tons of road trips in my 1959 MGA. So if Basal and others are interested I offer my place as an East Coast gathering point. By the way this is my first posting, otherwise I have been a lurker.<hr></blockquote>

Great! There's one push-pin on the map! Now all we have to do is get the membership up to 3000!

Basil

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
There seem to be a few Ontario members hanging around now. Speaking for myself, my summer is incredibly busy. I might bump into some of you by sheer accident as I go to a multitude of Brit and European shows again this upcoming summer.

We could have a mini gathering of BCF at the Ancaster British Car Flea Market on April 20th (not far from Niagara Falls). Lots of cars usually show up, and it's a great source for parts (CDN dollar... some deals could be had!) - it's well worth the drive for some of you guys down in the States if you're within reasonable driving distance. Speaking for myself, I'll be busy vending, was going down in my friend's brown Dodge Caravan but may have to take something different. Anyway, possibly run into some of you guys at Ancaster.
canpatriot.gif

[ 03-17-2003: Message edited by: Sherlock ]</p>

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Sounds like a blast. Being near the center of nowhere I await word on which direction I should go to meet someone coming from somewhere. Flagstaff would certainly be doable and sort of central for those to the south and west. How absolute is the 3000 figure? I feel like Lot negotiating with God for Gamorah, but can we plan on something if we come up short?
wink.gif

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dale:
Sounds like a blast. Being near the center of nowhere I await word on which direction I should go to meet someone coming from somewhere. Flagstaff would certainly be doable and sort of central for those to the south and west. How absolute is the 3000 figure? I feel like Lot negotiating with God for Gamorah, but can we plan on something if we come up short?
wink.gif
<hr></blockquote>

Hmmm, maybe four corners area would make a good meeting point for surrounding states?

BAsil

huck6

Jedi Trainee
I won't have my LBC by this summer, but I'd love to see your rides. One thing that I really like about this group is that it is pretty laid back and very welcoming to newbies.

I do go to other forums, such as minimania, but this one is less hectic and more managable (topic wise).

Anyway, here's one member who'd like to attend, even if I don't have a car to show-off (unless you like Wranglers).
savewave.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
This sounds like a great idea.

I've been to an in-person Miata Forum get-together, and it was great fun.

I'd suggest that date(s) be picked so that we could meet at events that are already scheduled (unless there's enough of us in one area to justify our own dedicated event). Last year, XJRPilot and myself met up at the Spring Moss BritFest (here on the East Coast)....that was neat.

I'll be at both the Spring and Fall Moss Motors (east coast) events in '03 (plus ohter stuff, obviously).

Below is a good list of USA events that might make good meeting points ("mgcars.org.uk" also lists events in other parts of the world....go to their home page and look up "events").

https://www.mgcars.org.uk/events/eventusa.html

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Below is a good list of USA events that might make good meeting points ("mgcars.org.uk" also lists events in other parts of the world....go to their home page and look up "events"). <hr></blockquote>

And for some of you guys not too far from Toronto, Canada there is one of the best kept secrets in mid-September... British Car Day (one of many British Car Day's) - but this one typically gets over 1,000 British cars at an all-British show, and it is amazing what shows up every year. A number of Americans come up now with their cars (New York, Michigan, Indiana, even seen New Jersey once). This is billed as the biggest all-British car show in North America, and I am always there, wouldn't dream of missing it.

The host club's website is https://www.torontotriumph.com - they may or may not have listed this year's event yet but keep an eye out on the site.

Mark Noeltner

huck6,

A bit off topic, but I notice you are in Flagstaff, AZ.

There will be an "All British Marques" car show in Lake Havasu City the weekend of April 12-13. I believe the car show itself is on Sunday the 13th. It is being held at the London Bridge there In Lake Havasu. You can find a bit more info by searching on the web for "Brits on the Bridge" or the Arizona MG Club who along with the So Cal MG club are sponsering the event.

Thought you might be interested since it should be a decent show and within a reasonable drive of where you are.

The British Motor Club of Utah will have a small contingent attending, hopefully including me if I get my car back together by then.

huck6

Jedi Trainee
We could do far worse than the four-corners. Fantastic touring in the summer with wonderful vistas. Just remember that you lose horses as you go up, so for some of the smaller engines, the 12,000 foot passes might be a bit much. But at lowere elevations, you should be fine.

Mark, thanks for the heads-up on Lake Havasu. I will try to get over.

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by huck6:
We could do far worse than the four-corners. Fantastic touring in the summer with wonderful vistas. Just remember that you lose horses as you go up, so for some of the smaller engines, the 12,000 foot passes might be a bit much. But at lowere elevations, you should be fine.

Mark, thanks for the heads-up on Lake Havasu. I will try to get over.
<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the kind words about the four corners. It is about as central as it gets for the four states involved and not nearly as isolated from the south east as it was before the 4 laning of US 550 to Bernalillo.
smile.gif

mdallaire

Eastern Massachusetts Cape Cod here!