• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Turkey Run Report Pt2

A

aerog

...continued...

48 Ford Anglia, note says "Barn Fresh!"
tr2-7.JPG

Cobra Replica (yours for $46,000)
tr2-8.JPG

Ford Anglia
tr2-9.JPG

gene johnston

Jedi Hopeful
Nice Photos's. Back during the late '70's early '80's use to go to the IMSA final in Daytona. It was always a good auto weekend.
Have you heard anything on the anticipated turnout for the 24hr next year? Brother wanted to know if we'd be going again this year. I'm kinda holding out to see if much shows up.

OP
A

aerog

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gene johnston:
Nice Photos's. Back during the late '70's early '80's use to go to the IMSA final in Daytona. It was always a good auto weekend.
Have you heard anything on the anticipated turnout for the 24hr next year? Brother wanted to know if we'd be going again this year. I'm kinda holding out to see if much shows up.
<hr></blockquote>

Gene:

Thanks for the comments... I really don't know what to expect for the 24-hour race next year. Fortunately the organizers do a good job of putting a couple of race series together giving several days of racing, including the HSR races, Motorola Cup, and the various classes that comprise the actual running of the 24-hours of Daytona (aka "Rolex-24").

I'm not completely up to speed on what they're allowing and not allowing next year, but my understanding is that the big prototype cars we've been used to seeing since the mid-90s are not going to be present next year, or at least not in their present form. Grand-Am's new rules have eliminated the R&S Chassis several teams are using (Dyson racing, Bahama Joes, etc), even past winners like the Ferrari 333SP are eliminated due to the rules-changes.

The attitude seems to be toward pushing the new "Daytona Prototype" class as the ultimate top-end class in the event. I've seen two of these class prototypes up close and have been somewhat unimpressed with them asthetically - but have yet to see either of them run on the track (I'm using kind words here compared to what has been muttered on other forums, many people just outright hate the new cars and have turned their interest to the ALMS series).

Still, I think you can be guaranteed there will be more than a fair share of Porsche 911 derivatives, the odd Ferrari, Corvette, Marcos, and Viper in the slower classes.

By the way - as I said, the organizers get a few racing series together for the event. It's well worth your while to plan on attending at least on Friday to see some of the other cars run. The HSR racing may not be as "cut throat" as the current series are, but they are series racers using some very famous cars. Even so, if you come for the weekend and intend on parking in the infield plan on getting to the track EARLY on Saturday. I got there around 9:30 this year and drove around for an hour looking for parking before I left and parked across the street from the track at one of our offices - it was a mob scene to say the least!

-Scott

OP
A

aerog

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aeronca65t:
Wow! a nice, unmolested "sit-up-and-beg" Anglia for $6900....not many of those left!<hr></blockquote>

It really was nice too. It looked to be completely untouched, with the original British plates, etc. I didn't look underneath the car, or at the engine - but certain a good candidate for restoration.

There were quite a few Anglias of that vintage at the show. One or two were majorly hot-rodded, the others were modded and customized but tastefully so.

Look for a full set of pictures sometime this week, I'm still going through the several hundred I took (whew!).