• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Caldwell Park, 1960

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Wow that's great!

I'm entered at BeaverRun this weekend, then PVGP the following. Hope I see some folks at one or both.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
That was outstanding! I really enjoyed the saloons, the dice between the Anglia and the A40 was great, and how about those Minis......talk about trashing your tyres!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Mike:

GREAT vid! Thanks!

Michael Oritt said:
Wow that's great!

I'm entered at BeaverRun this weekend, then PVGP the following. Hope I see some folks at one or both.

Yep...we're towing out tomorrow for BeaveRun.
Staying at the Holiday Inn (not my favorite place, but it's close). Probably see you Saturday and/or Sunday.
We'll be at the Luau.

Wish we could stay around P-Burgh for the week, but work/life will not allow it so we'll pulling home Sunday night.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Holiday Inn, huh? I thought the Lark Motel was still standing, too. But they don't have much of a parking lot. Nor a lounge. Good food a bit further south at "Giuseppe's". 1/4 mile, east side of RT-18.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I think we ate at Giuseppe's a few years ago (I think it's sort of a "biker" place if I recall).
We ate at a nice place south of Holiday Inn (on opposite side) a few weeks ago, but I forget the name.

The Lark is still there and another small, similar motel.
Some of our EMRA folks have used the Lark, but it looks a bit scary to me. I'd rather sleep in the minivan.

The Comfort Inn (in Mars) is the official VRG hotel for this event. Very nice, but 16 miles away from the track (Holiday Inn is just 2 miles from track).

By the way, one of our EMRA folks is a former local and here is part of his local list (for food places).

Kretchmar's in Beaver, PA
Oram's Donuts, Beaver Falls, PA.
Deangelis Donuts (if still open).
Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe. Vanport, PA, off Route 60, also does breakfast.
Hank's Frozen Custard. one of two local cruise-ins.
Eat 'N Park. well-established regional chain.
Vocelli's Pizza
Jerry's Curb Service. "cruise-in" type eatery with servers on skates ( https://www.jerryscurbservice.com )
Rosilind's Candy Castle, New Brighton, PA.

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Nial--

It's nice putting a friendly face next to your name. Let's hope we both have good luck tomorrow--and thanks for the pass to the luau.

Group 3 in which I am running is well put together with less than two seconds in fast lap speeds in the first ten cars. This afternoon was really hot, at least for me, and I sure was happy when the checker fell.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Whew! Looong pull home but a great time! And it was great to meet Micheal, Pat and Dave (all from BCF).

WIll post more info and pix later.

By the By: Dr. E.--I got my motels and restaurants mixed up.....at race-weekends, the non-race stuff is a blur. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

Giuseppe's is really very nice. We ate at Giuseppe's last time (3 weeks ago) and it was quite good. So we ate there again this weekend...even had the same funny waiter.
I was remembering motels wrong too. The Lark is not so bad. But there are two other small motels near it that look a bit sketchy.

We always stop in at Al's Corner for an saugage, egg and cheese sandwich...it's sort of a convience store on Rt 18, a half mile south of the track. They have chairs and tables, so we usually sit there and read the paper. Kind of a nice, folksy small-town place....the lady making the sandwiches called me "darling" and the cashier told us all about her dog. Real America. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yesnod.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nial said:
By the By: Dr. E.--I got my motels and restaurants mixed up.....at race-weekends, the non-race stuff is a blur.

Perfectly understandable!

Likely the "folks" at Al's are either people I grew up with or kids/grandkids of same. Too bad "Phil's" burned down. Last of the "real" small-town pubs in that area.

You passed my "old home" numerous times on RT-18. "Koppel" was where I attended grade school.

"Jerry's Curb Service"-- Cruzin' at its best. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

Eat-n-Park-- The one in Sewickley is where Horsemits an' me first met...

Hot Dog Shoppe-- there were a couple of 'em. Half a dozen each (then 25-cents apiece!) and good for the whole day... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Childhood friends own the motel/bowling alley/bar/restaurant near New Castle.

D

Deleted member 3577

Whew....Wicked HOT on the corners this weekend!

Got to talk to Nial for about 2 minutes but missed Michael...

Was asked to scare people for charity but didn't have enough time during lunch.
Only got Elva on the track to and from the corners.

*Thinking-Thinking-Thinking*

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I wuz wonderin' where you'd been.

You been awfully quiet 'round here lately.

D

Deleted member 3577

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/savewave.gif

Well....3 weekends at Nelson so far racing & 4 flagging, plus last weekend at BeaveRun.

Busy installing dents in the Pinto.....(& banging em back out /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif )

Haven't Auto-X'ed the Elva once this year.....

Home and awake time < 1hr/day for the last 2 weeks.

Oh......And working frantically on Stupid Truck.
(it passed inspection again finally....Yippi!!!)

LOOKIE.....My first wood!!!
(Out of only 6 ITB cars but.....Cool anyway)
NelsonLedgesMay12018.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Blame it on late-night HAIL STORMS, Nial! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

Congrats, Dave!!! Somethin' to hang onna wall! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Yes, sorry I missed seeing you Dave. I don't know where I was when you came by.

I had a good run on Sunday's race--I was lying fifth after the first 15 or so laps holding off a very fast and well-driven Bugeye. Unfortunately I lost concentration on the last turn and went four off--the corner flagged me into the pits to be talked to and by the time I got back on I lost two positions and finished seventh. Whatever--a great track and fabulous event.

We spent today at the track--changed oil and filter and switched from the diff from 4.2 to 4.5 in preparation for Schenley Park next weekend. Man was it hot! I'll probably go back to the track tomorrow to run through valves and clean up car from all those marbles, then take a few days off before heading into town on Friday for the weekend's festivities.

Hope I see you Saturday or Sunday.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Give 'em 'ell, Michael!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

D

Deleted member 3577

I think I'm working turn 11 on Saturday & I don't know where on Sunday.

My Brother is crewing for Cliff McCandless & his Devin C.
(He's the one who got us started in SCCA)

Check that car out when you're strolling around the paddock.
Wicked fast hill climb car.
(And Cliff has about 40 years experience in that thing)

See ya there! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif