• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Where are All the TVR 3000 Rdstrs Hiding?

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Folks;

I`m typ on the Triumph Forum: I`ve been to Britfest & Hellertown & Have seen some TVR, Griffiths etc:

One show I went to; I saw, What I think is correct, is a TVR 3000 Roadster? I`m not up on My TVRs so am I correct in guessing this is Correct? What`s a Decent Driver sell for these days?

Should anyone have one or two out there, Please send some Pics: Thanx, Russ / PM or Email to: toysrus@ptd.net /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
First of all, you are pretty much spot on with your description....it's called a TVR 3000S. One reason you don't see many is that there were only 258 of them ever built for worldwide distribution, perhaps half of which came to North America. Generally, they will run from the mid-teens to the mid-20s in price depending on condition.
An example of one for sale can be seen here:
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/tvr/3000s/444742.html

PM me if you have any more questions about the particular model, etc.
Marshall

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Marshall;

"Thanx" for the reply and info. I just emailed the gent who is selling this one for $17.5K OBO: He`s in NY State, Not far from myself: Asked if still For Sale & If Yes to forward Desc & Pics:

What`s Your Opinion from a Driving, Handling etc standpoint of these 3000s`sssss?

Thanx and Regards;

Russ

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Like all TVRs they are basically gokarts on steroids. They handle superbly and drive very well, providing they are properly maintained. If you drive one that wants to wander all over the road, is loose, etc, then it's going to need some suspension work at the least. Do check over the chassis to make sure all the tubes are solid. If you get a good one, I believe you'll be quite pleased.

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Marshall;

Well; No response from the Seller of the above mentioned TVR: I guess its gone?

Should you come across some (3000s only); Please by all means let me know:

Thanx and Regards,

Russ

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I saw one at the recent British Car show locally last weekend. The owner has shoehorned a Ford V-8 in there, and it looks really good. I have a shot of the engine bay somewhere on my camera, I'll try to post it.

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Marshall;

I just heard back from the Seller of the 3000s:

Its still For Sale @ $17.5K:

Not being familiar with the value of these cars; What do You think? It looked pretty good w/some sort of "V8" (I think) in it:

Anyways; What would $17.5K typ buy you in a 3000s; Meaning Condition?

Thanx, Russ

PS: Steve; Please do post some pics:

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Russ,
To my knowledge, the car in question still has the original V6 in it, not a V8. It's a 3.0 litre Essex Ford V6.
Based on what most 3000Ss sell for, when one comes available, you should expect to see them in the $15,000-$18,000 range for decent drivers. The real test is to actually go see and drive the car and see if it is just as described and whether there are any issues with the car. If there are, that's where the price starts to decrease based on the needs of the particular vehicle.

Marshall

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Try to find one on this coast at that price. 20-22K would be more like it.
If the car is infact unmolested and in good condition, that would be a fair value.
Be sure to check the condition of the top and side curtains.

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Thanx for the info Folks;

Lets go see what this one looks like!

I`ll keep you`all posted:

Regards, Russ

TXCoyote

Jedi Hopeful
Just to throw my 2cents. These are pretty rare cars, even for TVR. If it is a decent driver like it appears, then it is well worth it IMHO

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Marshall;

Just cont inquires with this Seller: He`s Located in "Ithaca, NY" / Approx. 2-1/2hrs north of Me:

Your correct; It is an Essex Ford V6:

I`m going to request a bunch of pics & go from there:

Thanx, Russ

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hey Marshall;

I`m trying to post the pics of the TVR here but Its not working:

PM with Your email Address & I`ll forward them as an Attachment:

Thanx for Your Input;

Regards, Russ /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thankyousign.gif

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There TXCoyote;

I happen to have a Love for E-Types:

What model did you buy? Rdstr / Coupe or What?

Post some pics:

See Ya Later;

Regards, Russ /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

TXCoyote

Jedi Hopeful
Russ to Russ,

Got a 68 Series 1.5 Roadster. Completely rebuilt Engine and Transmission. The shell is in the paint shop right now and should be back in a month. Then I get to put it all back together. I'll post some pics when it returns.

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Russ;

Well; I envy you! I had a `62 / `67 & `69 All Rdstrs:

I`ll get another one within a yr or so:

Best Wishes with Yours:

Have You heard of https://www.xkedata.com? If not; Check it out and post your Car There: You`ll find mine (Ex.) under Chassis # 875190 (I had this one 2yrs ago)! Sold on ebay; What a Jerk!!

Basils E-Type is on there as well but I`m not certain of the VIN #: If Interested just ask him:

Have a Blast; Regards, Russ /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Marshall;

Yesterday; I was at a Local Brit Car Show & Picnic thereafter: Nice People; Nice Cars; Good Food & Yuengling: What more can You ask for?

In passing conversation; "TVR`s came up": I Inquired about the 3000s & TVRs in Gen:

Basic response was: Check the Tubes, "Front to Back/Side to Side": Any Rust "INSIDE" the tubes and these cars have been know to just "BREAK IN HALF"!! Not a Good Thing!!

When I go see this 3000s; I`m bringing a Phillips Hd Screw Driver and a Center Punch to check the Chassis Out: This seems to be the Biggest Question Mark on All / Most TVRs: Would You Agree?

Thanx, Russ /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif