• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Zaino vs other waxes/polishes - a test

Chinewalker

Freshman Member
I`ve been religiously polishing my vehicles for 40 years. I switched to Zaino last year. The only scenario in which Zaino would not be the best polish to use is in the case of a car owner who only polishes his car once or twice a year. There are more durable, longer lasting waxes, but none that give the shine and protection of Zaino. The idea, I believe is to keep piling the polymer (Zaino) up on the finish. Thirty coats is not uncommon. It`ll give fantastic protection, but you can`t get it by only waxing once a year.

A

aerog

Originally posted by Chinewalker:
I`ve been religiously polishing my vehicles for 40 years. I switched to Zaino last year. The only scenario in which Zaino would not be the best polish to use is in the case of a car owner who only polishes his car once or twice a year. There are more durable, longer lasting waxes, but none that give the shine and protection of Zaino. The idea, I believe is to keep piling the polymer (Zaino) up on the finish. Thirty coats is not uncommon. It`ll give fantastic protection, but you can`t get it by only waxing once a year.

I agree. I was looking for some recommendations for waxes (not polishes) from other people when I ran across the Zaino threads on the web. So - I ordered a set of bottles and went to work.

I found that on the trunk-lid of my MGB (I'd taken all the chrome off it to polish/wax it) the Zaino made it look pretty lousy. Not because the Zaino is bad, but because once I got the wax off it I noticed some very light scratches that the Zaino just wouldn't take care of. I finally resorted to going over the whole thing with 3M Swirl remover, then Imperial Hand Glaze, then a good even coat of Meguire's Gold Class liquid. The results were far - FAR better than Zaino. Realizing everyone claims waxes (particularly Gold Class I guess) will evaporate out and soften in the sun I know it won't last as long, but appearance-wise it was better. To go one further I bought a new can of #26 Hi Tech Yellow wax (Meguires) and put a coat of that on the trunk. I'm sorry, but I can't tell any difference between that and the Zaino around that end of the car.

On the other hand (ahem) I did the rest of the car with Zaino and it looks terrific. Completely Zainoed my Saturn also, and it looks fantastic as well. Seems to me Zaino looks great and lasts a long time so it's good for daily driver cars - my MGB is out of the garage once a week at best. I'll give it awhile and see how it "lasts" before I make up my mind.

I also Zainoed the leading edges and nose of my airplane. I'm hoping a few layers will help keep something there to repel bugs. We'll see.

------------------
-- Scott
https://www.aerog.com/mgpage
tinytd.jpg

Bebo

Freshman Member
Was never really happy with my B's shine until I did this
1. clay bar with meguire's quick detailer
2. 3-M swirl remover
3. imperial hand glaze
4. meguire's gold class past wax.
What a difference a days work makes!!!!!
There are still cars out there that with more shine but only those who started with a much better paint job than I have

Bebo

Freshman Member
Was never really happy with my B's shine until I did this
1. clay bar with meguire's quick detailer
2. 3-M swirl remover
3. imperial hand glaze
4. meguire's gold class past wax.
What a difference a days work makes!!!!!
There are still cars out there that with more shine but only those who started with a much better paint job than I have