• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

'k Rob, turnin' BLUE here.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
WELL?!?! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

RobT

Jedi Warrior
All right, here's the update:

Been busy going through the car and sorting a few things, nothing major but it all takes time.

1) Lubed the clutch cable - used gear oil, a funnel and duct tape. Worked fine.
2) Removed and lubed the pedel assembly - drilled 2 small holes in the pedal sleves and injected some grease. Also adjusted the clutch pedal allignment to give an extra 1/2 inch clearance to the brake pedal. Necessary for my size 11 plates.
3) Sorted the electricals, including getting the panel lights going, courtesy light, replaced some bulbs and a bulb holder, put in "correct" 35A fuses (UK rated not US rated), fixed the drivers electric window.
4) Insalling new Sebring mirrors (it's good to know whats comming up beside you)
5) Pulled both door trims to install the mirrors, so lubes the locks, window regulator mechanisms, etc, and reglued the trim to the door cards
6) In the process of adjusting the drivers side door alignment. It has a replacement stainless pin setup installed but the top nuts are loose and need tightening/aligning. Been cutting and grinding down a 1 1/8 wrench to do the job. The passanger side is original and looks O.K.
7) Still waiting on the insurance papers (bit of confusion with the VIN number)so I can get plates.

Need a seat-belt receptical for the passanger side (the female buckle part) - is missing. Might have to put in something after-market. I tried all the usual sources - any thoughts.

No suprises with the car. Runs just fine, and is in good shape. Since it is not registered, I have not had a chance to give it a good run yet, but will let you know the results when I do.

Cheers,

Rob.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
All good, then! No good ideas on the belt end. You sure it hasn't been "tossed" under one of the seats or otherwise hidden somehow after being detached? Just a thought.

I think I've still got a bunch of the OEM door "washers" someplace, BTW. The stainless pin setup is GREAT compared to the originals.

RobT

Jedi Warrior
Those are the friction washers? Between the dorr itself and the threaded bushing? I'll have to see how my alignment efforts go but I might be back to you about those.

Rob.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Yup. I'll go try and find 'em. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

RobT

Jedi Warrior
No worries - got the door aligned. Once I'd made up the required tools (using a 1 1/8th wrench and an angle grinder) it was easy. The fit is great. Now just the door cards to go back on. This fiberglass is great stuff - no rust. And the door cards are fiberglass too which means they are still stiff and straight.

Still figuring out the title and registration. The last two owners never registered the car, and the bill of sale I have does not match the old title (from 1986), so I need to do some detective work.

Rob.