• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Found a 100-6 in a barn!

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Could be a dream - we actually found this one in a barn, parked for 30 years, and all together!
Can't remember how to put a pic in the post. oh, it has changed.
Wish us luck. Car is still in the barn, maybe home in a few weeks time.

Attachments

• 5699-pic26058.jpg
    5699-pic26058.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 266

Healey 100

Jedi Warrior
Re: Found a 100 in a barn!

That looks like a 100-6 or 3000 to me, not a 100. But still a very nice find.

Those undiscovered cars are still out there, sitting in barns and garages all around the country. The NY Times reported recently on a very rare Bugatti coupe that had been stored complete and untouched in a garage in upstate NY since 1962. It is going to be auctioned off next month.

I hope that Healey finds a good home, it looks rather complete and not all that rusty -- though it is hard to tell from the picture.

OP
pbraun

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag

Yeah, sorry, it's a 100-6.

All sheet metal, floors, boot, frame straight and in need of minor cosmetic work. Only some small body work needed on front shroud. Top, top frame and tonneau cover are complete and restorable/ refurbishable. A few parts needed, but the motor and trany are complete and turn over. The wire wheels will probably need replacement.

This car has found a good home and it will be driven when finished, if not before /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Attachments

• 5702-pic26058.jpg
    5702-pic26058.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 148

ronzet

Jedi Knight

pbraun,

Nice find. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

It looks like a 100-6... Is it 2 or 2+2 seats???

Just a query.. what is sitting next to it? The picture shows the back of something interesting... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yesnod.gif

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Ron

BlueRidge2

Jedi Hopeful

Cool, looks like 1962 or older. Whats the other car that looks to be backed up to the drivers door of the Healey?

OP
pbraun

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag

ronzet said:
pbraun,

Nice find. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

It looks like a 100-6... Is it 2 or 2+2 seats???

Just a query.. what is sitting next to it? The picture shows the back of something interesting... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yesnod.gif

Ron

It's a 2+2 . 1960 Good spotting, Ron! I was wondering if anyone would comment on that! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

That's a later, double grill 356 Porsche Cabrio. I was really excited about that, when I heard it shared the barn with a Healey, until I saw it. Got no floors, lots of daylight showing through almost every panel, missing parts, motor junk. Consulted with a bunch of 356 nuts in my area and they all unanymously say to leave it there. So, we did. and took the Healey! It will be a relatively easy restoration, compared to the concours winner we finished 2 years ago.

OP
pbraun

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag

plus, we get that color coded Ames shovel, too!

ronzet

Jedi Knight

pbraun,

To say that I am jealous is an understatement...

Will the color coded shovel be available for sale?? Always wanted an Austin Healey shovel.. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

The only 'barn finds I ever have are, well, finding a barn.../bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif

Good luck and happy restoring.

Ron

OP
pbraun

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag

No way, man - keep yur mitts off dat Healey shovel. In fact, don't even look at it! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Aint fer sale fer love nor mone

Here - take this for you and your car (see attachment) you'll love it when you see one of these!

Attachments

• 5703-twisty.jpg
    5703-twisty.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 38

ronzet

Jedi Knight

Awww, Come on...

I need that shovel to dig myself outa' the hole I keep finding myself in restoring these darn cars... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wall.gif

Keep 'em rolling...

Ron

OP
pbraun

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

OP
pbraun

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag

thanks, Patton!

beaulieu

Jedi Warrior

Hi Peter,

I just sent you a PM

Beaulieu

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
Great Barn Find Peter. Love to see the "Before" pics, then the "After" photo's as well. Don't see how the frame could be not rusted though, sitting in that water all this time.
Good Luck with your project.

Attachments

• 5712-1960BN7.jpg
    5712-1960BN7.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 58
OP
pbraun

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Johnny said:
Great Barn Find Peter. Love to see the "Before" pics, then the "After" photo's as well. Don't see how the frame could be not rusted though, sitting in that water all this time.
Good Luck with your project.
Actually, this one was just near water (a lake) not sitting in water! It was in a fairly sealed up, with a good floor, locked and secure garage! No climate control, but no rodents either!
After pics will be coming, along with in the works shots!

ronzet

Jedi Knight
pbraun,

With a CONCOURS BJ7 under your belt... I know that you are well aware of the work involved. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

May I ask... quanto questa???

Since my A and the BN4 are getting close to being finished (a very realtive term) I have started to get that look... you know the one where you want to start abusing yourself all over again with a new project... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif

Soooo, trying to decide the method of my new abuse... 'nother A, maybe a coupe, tear my '66 B driver apart and restore it, maybe?!?!?

GAWD, I AM SICK.....HELP ME, HELP ME!!!! RUNNNNN, SAVE YOUSELF... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wall.gif

OP
pbraun

pbraun

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
nice barn, Ron! I know what you mean! But this one should not be so bad, but for paint, $$$$ and time to freshen up everything. Lots of rebuilding. Will cost $1200 to get it in our garage.

ronzet

Jedi Knight
Peter,

When I said I was jealous I was not correct.

Now that I see the $1200 price tag, I am FAR, FAR, FAR, beyond jealous... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wall.gif

And thanks for the comment on the barn...If I buy it, I am planning on painting it BRG with black interior... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif