Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2500M Features and Stuff to Fix

Looking for some info/advice on the following:

How do you turn and regulate the heater in a 2500M? The switch appears to control a blower, but don't see how to regulate the heat?

Horn doesn't work in my 2500M. I've run 12V to the horns directly and they work. I have the original Moto Lita wheel in my car. I popped the horn button off and looks pretty simple. What are the typical culprits with horn failure?

The gauges don't light up. Is there a separate switch for them or should they light up when the headlight switch is on?

At around 75 to 80mph, I hear a strange humming/thumping sound from the rear. Not too loud but it's there. I think I read a post stating this was a common issue on these cars. Anyone know the cause?

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll have more.

Steve

Jedi Trainee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: 2500M Features and Stuff to Fix

Steve,
    As for the heater control in the 2500M, you should have a pull knob attached to the underside of your steering column. This is your heater control. You pull out on it in degrees to regulate the heat. The fan switch, as you indicated, simply turns on the blower motor.

Regarding your instruments lighting up, the earlier cars had a Panel Light Switch in that bank of switches on the dashboard. The later cars had a rheostat control on the dash that let you dial in the brightness of light on the gauges.

Abaout your humming/thumping sound from the rear of the car.....perhaps your universal joints are showing signs of wear?

Marshall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: 2500M Features and Stuff to Fix

Thanks Marshall. There is a rocker switch on my dash that is labeled "LIGHTS". I'm assume that this switch should turn on the headlights, tail lights, front parking lights, side marker lights and...instrument lights? So no separate switch just for the instrument lights alone. Don't see a rheostat control, so mine must be an earlier car. S/N 2677TM.

Thanks, I'll check the universal joints for wear.

I see the pull knob under the dash. What exactly is it connected to? How does the mechanism regulate the heat?

--Steve