• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Waterford Hills

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
I'm not sure if this is the right forun for this posting but it seems the best choice...
For some time I've noticed the link Racing Girl gives to Waterford Hills in her signature.

Just wanted to let her, and everyone know that I've been there, some of my friends race vintage Volvos there, and a neighbour owns a pink Mini last raced there.

It's a wonderful little track with a very "clubby" atmosphere, and you can stand much closer to the track than anywhere else I've been in several years. Go and watch some vintage racing there; you will love it!

Finally, I've also spent a little time in Durham, England. My sister lived very near the cathedral when she taught German at the university for several years. The house she lived in had a view of the cathedral, and was on an old and very narrow street, the pavement (sidewalk!) was so narrow you could not open a car door without hittinh her house.

The world is a small place, but I wouldn't want to paint it!
Simon.

racing girl

Jedi Knight
Simon,
I really appreciate your kind words about both WH and my home city of Durham.

You're right, WH is a fantastic place, very clubby and friendly. Wonderful to be involved with and great to spectate too. You're fellow countrymen seem to appreciate it, many cross the border for a regular race weekend, at leat one competitor making the trek from Woodstock every month, another from Kitchener, quite a few from Windsor. I'll have to post the racing scedule for this year, maybe we can persuade a few more folks to come out!

Which Volvo's did your friend(s) race? We have three regular Volvo racers and for the classic races I remember a dark blue one (don't know the model), with fangs painted on the grille!

As for Durham, what can I say? Compared to both Prague and Avignon, land of the Prince Bishops, third oldest university in the UK, a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1987 and a cathedral that is considered one of the most magnificent architechtural experiences in Europe - it was founded in 1093. Definitely a place that is close to my heart!

RG
cheers.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
RG, the blue Volvo is a 544, owned by Dick Reynolds. I'm pretty sure he's not Canadian. But, the last two times we ran Meadowbrook, there was a Volvo Special, built and raced in Canada. It kind of looked like a Lotus 23 on massive doses of steroids.
I remember the pink Mini, but can't remember who raced it. Also the father with his three daughter Mini team, from Canada.
When we ran the Meadowbrook Historic Races, there was always a large Canadian contingent, including most of the British cars in VARAC.
The vintage races are on "Hold" right now, but we have a fair amount of British Iron during our regular schedule. This year should see at least six Spridgets, of various ages, all running in "H" Production. Should be fun!
Jeff

OP
Simon TR4a

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
RG and others:
The Volvo guys I had in mind are Leon and Ian Lok, running a box Volvo (red) and a 122 Amazon (dark blue) respectively. Don't know how often they've been, I know them from Solo1, my TR4 is close to Leon in lap times, about 1 second slower on a 78 second lap, but Ian is way quicker!
I live north of Toronto, so it's a long haul down, incidentally, like many Canadians, I was born elsewhere, Leicester, England in my case. Leicester City got into the English Premier League (football, or soccer if you prefere) this year, but look like being relegated, unfortunately!
Simon.