• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Invicta S1

Bret

Yoda
invictas103_04.jpg

Now this LBC I like. Kink of an old school setup with a Ford 4.6L V8, no ABS, no Traction control and no airbags. Rude & crude just the way I like it. But alas, even if it makes it to our shores, I don't think I'll ever have the money ($116K) for one.
frown.gif

This February's C&D had a intresting write-up on the car and the guy who made it possible. Just follow the link below to see some more photos and information.

Invicta S1

Cool car!

Bret

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Cool...mostly pretty conventional with square tube space frame. I'd take one! (and hey, it's not *that* crude......after driving a Sprite, it looks downright luxurious).
I'd assume they had to buy the name from the original company.

rl-car-invicta.1L.jpg

OP
Bret

Bret

Yoda
According to the C/D article I mentioned – the Gentlemen (Michael Bristow) who currently owns the Invicta Marque name purchased it some time ago. Something like 20 years ago he was looking for an “ultimate” British pre-war. While looking at the likes of Bentleys & Lagondas etc., he discovered the Invicta S-type and fell head over heals for it. So much so that he when the situation presented itself he acquired the rights to the Invicta name.

After sitting on the name for a while, until Chris Marsh (son of Jem) of Marco fame (as Don pointed out) approached Bristow with the idea of using the name for a Limousine project. While Michael didn’t go for that – he managed to talk Chris into re-creating the Invicta Touring car.

Invicta02.jpg

The old Invicta is kind of cool too, don’t you think? Here is a web page with more on the old Invicta with more pics & information. 1932 Invicta

cheers.gif

[ 01-09-2004: Message edited by: Bret ]</p>

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag
"The Invicta S1 is the world’s first car to feature a one-piece carbon-fibre bodyshell..."
(from the Invicta web page)
That could translate into a VERY expensive parking ding!!
nonod.gif

catfood

Jedi Knight
I used to live near these people, Cedar Classics , a few years ago. When I first stumbled across them (there's a pub next door that hosted informal classic car meets when I was there) I had never heard of Invictas but after seeing some of the superb vehicles in their shop the Low Chassis Invicta moved very close to the top of my lottery win list (along with a C-Type Jaguar and AH 100S).

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
John Twist has a 1929 Invicta in his shop right now!

Tiger

Jedi Warrior
IIRC the originals were known for exposed rivets along the hood (er, bonnet); perhaps they should have at least incorporated that feature.

Overall, nice looking car.