• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Welsh Roadster

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
The Stylus: a neat, Welsh-based car. Generally sold as a kit, but also available turn-key. Most are supplied with Ford Z-tech engines but there are lots of other choices.

Info:
https://www.spycar.com/detailing.htm

car_c20bl.jpg

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
Basil

If you look at the picture of an early Lotus Elan, I think you'll see where the Miata came from.....

I guess that would make this can another Lotus derrivative

A rear view

A Front view

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
I'd say the Stylus is reminiscent of the sports cars of the late fifties/early sixties like the Devin, Lister or Cheetah.

Minor complaint - What's with the DeDion suspension? All the complexity of an IRS but without actually being independent?

Somebody needs to make a car like this for the US, one that's based on parts that are readily available over here (and with a real IRS).

PC.

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
The Ginetta appears to be a "Sports Car" at 220hp per ton rather than that GM thing at 119hp per ton. Of course, I'll bet the Ginetta doesn't have air conditioning, power top, or even roll up windows at 1330 pounds!

The 770 area code implys Atlanta as the home of this automobile. Are they some how associated with Panoz? Is Atlanta the new "hot bed" of the US auto industry?

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aeronca65t:

How's this?

https://www.motoamericainc.com/G20.htm
<hr></blockquote>

The Ginetta, as brought to the US, doesn't even have doors.

I've long thought about a Ginetta but the donor cars for the standard versions are difficult to come by over here. Motoamerica has the right idea, converting a G20 to a Mazda driveline, but no doors? Why not the G27? The G40 would be ideal but even in the UK it's only sold as a complete car.

I can live without AC or power windows (my Jensen Healey has neither) but to be a street car I think you still need to have at least some tiny hint of practicality. Are you really going to ask your wife/girlfriend/date/mom/partner/significant other/whatever to leap into the cockpit?

At that point I'll just ride a motorcycle.

PC.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ThomP:
Is Atlanta the new "hot bed" of the US auto industry?<hr></blockquote>

Having Road Atlanta in the backyard makes it a Mecca for sports cars. Being south of the Mason-Dixon-NASCAR line means ready access to a substantial automotive performance industry base.

PC.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Have you seen the new hot bed track in Birmingham, AL? Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum &Roadracing Track