• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

SD1

PATR8

Jedi Knight

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Phone number is East Tennessee - cell is middle Tenn. Tinkerman may be close to him. Also wkilleffer. Maybe one of them is close and can check on it for you.

Mickey

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I like your car, I already explored the cost to ship it accross country, it would run about the same as the car. How hard can it be to find a nice SD1 in the PA area? I swear there must not have been a rover dealer with in 300 miles. I can not even get the guy in Tennessee to call me back so he must have sold it (It did have working A/C and doo panels) There is a sweet looking one in Ohio at about twice the going rate

I am getting desperate. My family thinks it looks like a 4 door Pinto and hate the looks.... I feel like they may be breaking me....

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I was looking at my calender but the closest I get to California is FT Irwin.... and I will be too busy to do go anything else. You should help me find a way to get that SD1 back east to someone who woudl really appreciate it. Some one who would appreciate the 3.5, who as researched where to get the parts to bring it back to running shape.... feeling guilty yet?

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight
Maybe if I thru a camo tarp over it I could ship it home on the train with the Abes and Brads.... but not likely... curses

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight
OK, Summer is fast approaching TDSKIP, are you ready to meet me half way? Missouri? Indiana? I have cash burning a hole in my pocket...

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight
Could there be just ONE nice SD1 on the east coast? It would be fun to fly out there, buy the car and drive it home to PA stopping at all the cool sites, the Rockies, Grand Canyon, maybe MT Rushmore, Yellowstone... take a week + to get home. I wonder if the car would be up to it

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight
HMMM I tried to email the owner and the email was return as undeliverable. I was thinking the cross country ride might me fun

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Don't forget about Canada... We have a few Rover SD1's up here as well, I'd reckon there are at least a few of them for sale in southern Ontario... I actually suspect that there are more of them up here, as historically sales of British saloon cars are higher in Canada (as compared to the United States)

A couple of resources for you... https://www.bsccc.ca And a Rover club in Toronto, can't think of the name offhand, but I think it should be easy enough to find if you websearch abit, and I'll keep looking for it, if I don't forget about it...

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
You're probably right Ken, and I think it was always that link (with the "o" added)

Never post when you're half tired first thing in the morning... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Nah, not a 4-door Pinto - a Ferrari

news_5.jpg
Rover2.jpg

I owned an SD1 & you will absolutely love it...wait until you get the family out on a road trip! & that one in Ky or east TN looks nice