Thread: '77 MGB

Hey New Members! This New Member Introduction Forum is where you can post an introduction message to introduce yourself to the group here!

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

'77 MGB

Glad to find a forum that appears to be "active" because I need plenty of advice. I'd post a photo of the mgb but I am not sure how.

This car is in pretty good shape. Only one small dent behind the right rear wheelwell and the bonnet has a slight indention. I want to begin stripping it down so I can start with the minor bodywork and remove all paint. (Previous owner had it painted but it wasn't done right and has cracks all over it.)

I can see how to remove most everything except the windshield. I've read the haynes book but it doesn't really help much. What is the procedure for this? Any helpful tips/advice?

On the list to do:

Replace carpeting, some gauges if I can find, paint, convert the front factory shocks to new system, upgrade the tires, and complete the interior in leather. Hmmmm, I better go water the money tree.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: '77 MGB

Welcome to this primo resource, be sure to ask your questions in the MG section. I'm sure there are a lot of people there who will give you the step-by-step preceedure, and probably pictures to boot.
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dale-62 SP250 chassis #100849
    http://blogs.britishcarforum.com/DART/

Jedi Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let me add my Welcome and encouragement. This is a great place to emerse yourself in a great hobby. Good Luck!
    "It's easy to curb the freedoms of others when you see no immediate impact on your own."
    Malcolm Forbes
    1974 Jensen-Healey
    1965 Sunbeam Alpine type IV

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Welcome aboard. To post a picture, either post a new topic or reply to an existing topic using the actual reply button (not the quick reply at the bottom of the thread). Then, before you save your post, click the "File Manager" link at the bottom of the edit window. This will allow you to search your computer and upload a pictrue as an attachment.

Basil
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome to this forum. I owned a 1978 MGB until 1 year ago and did a lot of work to it.
    You will find a lot of knowlegable members here.
    Hey... Where did that bolt come from?

1990 Mini Mayfair
    1993 Jaguar XJ6
    2004 MINI Cooper