• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from PA

MathewM

Freshman Member
I am from Mt Joy PA and I am working on a 1970 MGB Roadster. I tried to attach a pic but It didn't work. I have her running but am having trouble getting her fine tuned. It is very hard to get answers to question on a MGB where I am. So that is why I signed up to this forum. I hope all of you and having as much fun with you MGB as I am. I have not been able to drive her in good warm weather yet and that is what is keeping me motived to fixing everything. my problem is high idle. The car is basicly original. It is my dad's first car when he was 18 and he has kept it all these years. Well talk to all of you soon

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Welcome, Matt. Good on your father for keeping the B for you to enjoy. You will find plenty of help on this forum.
Cheers, David.

AweMan

Jedi Knight
Welcome to the Forum Matt:
These guys will have you fixed up in no time. There are a lot of knoledgable folks here to help you out.

T

Tinster

Welcome young fellow
set a spell and join in the fun!

tinster in puerto rico

aroostok

Jedi Hopeful
I live in Mechanicsburg and can give you some good sources for maybe addressing your idle problem. Have a very good mechanic that works on LBCs in Enola, PA and a heck of a nice guy.
Glad to see you on line and welcom.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Matt;

Welcome to, Probably the Best "British Feast" You`ll ever have relative to Information, Parts, Sales & Whatever else You may think of:

aroostok really has a Great Idea: I was going to suggest My Brit Guru here in the Poconos but Enola is consideably closer:

Again; Welcome from the Poconos;

Regards, Russ

OP
M

MathewM

Freshman Member
Wow I have logged on to many forums for other car makes and you guys really show you enthusiasm for helping. Thanks aroostok for offering to helping me find a mechanic locally that knows the answers to my problems. My wife is from Mechanicsburg and we visit her family that still lives there. I am also in need of a body mechanic(anyone). The car was repainted a long time ago but while in my care I bent the hood. Not one of my finer days but being that it is aluminum the list locally that have experance is small. Then hood didn't crease just bowed alot. but I believe that if I can find the right person it can be fixed and not have to spend the $900 for a new hood.

I am trying to post a pic of the car(before the accident) and not sure how to do this. could some one point me to the right direction. I know once you tell be how I will just shake my head and feel stupid but it need to be asked.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Hi Mathew. Just another "Welcome" here. I spent 3 years in New Kensington and Pittsburgh in the Army a Looong time ago, before your car was born. I looked on the map and Mt Joy isn't as close as I guessed. Do you have similar terrain like Pittsburgh? If so, that must be a really great place to just go drive the backroads in your LBC. We don't have much of that here in the flatlands of Oklahoma.

To upload a photo to this thread, click the "Reply" button at the bottom of the last post. Do not use the "Quick Reply" window. You will get a new window. At the bottom of it there will be a "File Manager" link. Click that and follow the instructions.

Bayless

OP
M

MathewM

Freshman Member
Again

Attachments

• 4937-Drivers.JPG
    4937-Drivers.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 61

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Matt;

Nice Looking "B": Dad & or Yourself really took good care of it all these yrs: Have You hit the "MG Forum" as of Yet? Relative to a Brit Mech; There is one here in the Poconos but I suspect a bit too far for Yourself & heck; He won`t even make a House call to My Home & We`re Good Buddies!

Regards, Russ

BritCarFan

Jedi Hopeful
Hello neighbour to my west. Welcome to the forum. As you can see by the number of responses, it's a lively one!

terriphill

Darth Vader
Wow that's a beautiful B. Welcome to the world of LBC's you will find a lot of help here and they are quick too!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Nice looking B. Welcome to the forum. You'll get a ton of help here and she'll be running right as rain in no time.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Welcome!

Since you're so close to Hershey, you should go over to the Hershey Vintage Hillclimb on May 5 & 6 if you are able.
MG is featured marque at the hillclimb this year, so there will be tons of MGs around. I've run it in the past and it's a great event.

I'm about 2.5 hours NW of you (near the DelWaterGap), but we go down to Wayneboro (PA) pretty often to se relatives....you live in a nice area.
And we'll be swinging past your area in a few weeks when we tow the race car down to our first '07 race (at Summit Point).

Nice looking MGB in the pictures....and neat that you kept it in the family.