• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hey Hey

Crusher

Freshman Member
Hey guys. Came across these forums today. Though I'd register and introduce myself and ask for some help (which will be posted in a few minutes).

Anyways, I'm 18, and my dad has a 1975 MGB that we are restoring. I love the car. I've wanted to drive it since I was about 6 years old, but between then and now, the car has ceased to run, and needs some restoring. Can't to have it running again.

Sweet site you guys have here!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yep, welcome. It is great to hear from younger enthusiasts. Most of us are considerably older than our cars.

Bayless

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Hey Crusher, welcome!!! At your age I was driving my mother's TR-2 and loving every minute of it.

When restoring an MG, my advice would be to check out Tony Barnhill <www.theautoist.com> for both sage advice and great prices. He's one of the banner advertisers here on the forum.

terriphill

Darth Vader
Hello Crusher! I love seeing another father son team working together. My son is 18 and he and his father began working on building Toyota Supras about 4 years ago. I got the 77 midget as a birthday present last year cause I wanted to learn to work on cars too! This site has been a godsend! Their advice and support has really gotten me motivated and helped me solve lots of problems. Look forward to hearing from you!

OP
C

Crusher

Freshman Member
Thanks very much guys. Hopefully the MG will be driver next week. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Next would be making it look pretty.

D

Deleted member 3577

Wow....I've never seen springs like that before....

Welcome....Looks like it is coming along nicely.

Looking for that VROOM-Vrooom post /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

(And MORE pictures.....We LIKE pictures!)

OP
C

Crusher

Freshman Member
WhatsThatNoise said:
Wow....I've never seen springs like that before....

Welcome....Looks like it is coming along nicely.

Looking for that VROOM-Vrooom post /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

(And MORE pictures.....We LIKE pictures!)

Heh. Yeah, so far, it hasn't put up much of a fight. Once we're done with it at the shop, it's back in my dads hands, which all that'll be left for him to do is to figure out what to do about the body and fenders (a crap load of bondo since the first owner took the turn lights out and bondoed over just about everything).

Only have it at the shop for the tools we don't have at home (and free labor :smile:). I really like working on the car though. Just hope I can drive it for a bit before I'm off to college.

And there will hopefully be a VROOM VROOM thread this upcoming week. Just hope the brakes allow me to VROOM VROOM it to our house and back.