• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ever seen a Latham F2?

Thumper

Freshman Member
The car's still for sale, although Roger (the guy who owns it) is now "open to offers", provided it goes to a "good home".

The blue one on the home page is (was) mine. Sadly, it doesn't look like that any more, but I live in hope! It's about third or fourth on my major project list just now, but I'm determined to have it back on the road before I'm too old to enjoy it!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
PLEASE, Thumper!! Re-acquire it and bring it back to its former glory!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] believed to have been the first open-topped road car in the world to feature all-composite monocoque construction (ie: no steel or chassis of any kind between the front and rear bulkheads). [/QUOTE]

...a lesson from Sir Colin... His was a coupe exclusively of GFRP inna early sixties.

The progression was inevitable.

V

vagt6

That is one sexy car.

Let's see, 700 kilos is about 1,500 lbs. With 160hp, that's thing's a rocket sled!

Gorgeous little car. I want one . . .

Thumper

Freshman Member
Please don't get me wrong . . . I still have the car, but it just doesn't look like that any more. We had a disagreement with a Vauxhall Astra on the M6 (along with six other cars) and I spent the next three years persuading the insurance company that it wasn't a write-off. Being one of only 11 (at that time) they eventually agreed that it was rare enough to be worth saving, but by then it needed a total rebuild.

We were getting 185 bhp at the back wheels, thanks to twin Dellortos, special four-branch manifold, fast-road camshaft and various other tweaks. It was great fun to drive, if a little noisy! Also very practical, with generous storage (two weeks European touring was easy), sensible weather-proof hood and fabulously comfortable to sit in, even with your backside just four inches off the tarmac.

Following on from Don's original post - I used to work for Marcos in the mid-Nineties, and occasionally turned up at the factory in the F2. For some reason they didn't seem to like that very much and I used to get asked to park it round the back!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thumper said:
...Following on from Don's original post - I used to work for Marcos in the mid-Nineties, and occasionally turned up at the factory in the F2. For some reason they didn't seem to like that very much and I used to get asked to park it round the back!

mehheh. I worked for Porsche dealers both in Pennsylvania and here in Florida in the late '70's and early '80's. Would alternately drive the Plus-2, S-3 or the MK-I Lotus Cortina to work. The PA shop was cool about it (they being a FORMER Lotus dealer) but the Florida lot had me in stitches most times with the lengths they'd go to, to have me parking in the back of the pitch. No appreciation for GOOD equipment, them. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Thumper

Freshman Member
Yes, and no. Yes, I think it looks great, but no, I've not seen one yet. I'm hoping to meet up with one of the new owners at Le Mans next month, and have a look at the beast.

That, I think, was the only down-side to Richards buying into Aston Martin. The Marcos TSO won't go through as a Prodrive-prepared GT3 racecar now. However, I have hopes that someone may still do a privateer job.