• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Oklahoma City

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My name is Bayless and I currently have 2 Brits. The oldest is a 1948 Prefect that I have owned since 1962. Restored it to "driver" status and drove it for several years as a second car. Employment change and family growth relegated it to the garage for several more years. It is now ready for proper restoration but still has to wait until I finish building a proper shop.

A few years back, I also bought a 1967 Sprite, as completely disassembled as is possible. It is still waiting in that same garage with the Prefect and my wife's 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle that is pretty well restored and a reliable driver.

I have a pretty good description and history, particularly on the Prefect at https://sailok.com/enfoprefect if you are interested.

Well, I just found BCF yesterday and hope to hang out a lot here. It looks like a really great place.

Bayless

AweMan

Jedi Knight
Bayless:
First off, Welcome to the forum. I`m sure you will find a lot of useful info here. Secondly let me say, Interesting little car {the perfect}! I read your article, the mechanical brakes and babbit berrings reminded me of a 1934 Chev flatbed truck I once had. I hear your delema on stopping a car with mechanical brakes, you needed quite a distance to stop that Chev truck hahahaha. I also remember fixing one rod journal with a piece of leather belt {it got me home {Driving very very conservativly} 30 miles but that was about it.} That Truck had seen better days but I sure wish I had it now!
Welcome aboard!!

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Hey Kerry

Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for checking my web page. I like your sig about retirement. Having been retired for a couple of years now, I still wonder how I ever had time for a job.

Bayless

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Welcome to the best group of guys in the world. This is the place where people help because they can. Your cars sound cool. If you need questions answered, just ask. Jump on board Dave

toysrrus

Yoda
Good Morning & Welcome to the Forum Bayless:

Just wanted to drop a Note from the Eastcoast: I took a Peek at Your Website & I really was curious about Your "PREFECT" or "PERFECT"?? They say You learn something everyday & So I did! I`ve never heard of a "Prefect" before: "2yrs from the Golden Age of Retirement"! Can`t happen soon enough:

Regards & Have Fun Here;

Russ

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks for the warm welcome Dave and Russ. I know I will enjoy it here. It has been great already. I expect to learn a lot too. I hope I can contribute my share.

Bayless

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm just trying to get a photo posted to see if I can make my web page allow hot linking.
garage1.jpg

If it works, this is my garage.
garage2.jpg

Bayless

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Just upload the pictures here as attachments to your post! (Use the File Manager link but you need to be in the regular editor (click reply) not the "Quick Reply" box. If you click reply to my post you will go into the "real" message editor and below it you will see a "File Manage" link which will allow you to upload a picture or two.

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Basil. I was trying to link from my web page. I'll give it another try.

Looks like I got attachments to go but many posts I see just show the photo instead of the link. Am I still doing something wrong?

That does show though how you can get 3 small cars into a 19x19 ft garage and still have room to walk around. Got to get that shop started.

Attachments

• 4810-garage1.JPG
    4810-garage1.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 4811-garage2.JPG
    4811-garage2.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 59

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Bayless said:
Looks like I got attachments to go but many posts I see just show the photo instead of the link. Am I still doing something wrong?

No, there are two ways to have a picture show up IN the post. One is to do what you tried to do before and link to an image on another web site. BUT the we web site must allow "hot linking" and you must surround the COMPLETE URL (to include https://) with UBB Code called "image start" and "image stop" tages with no spaces, like so:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" style="height: 48px;"><pre>
mypicture.jpg

</pre>[/QUOTE]

Also, If you upload an attachment like you did AND the image is (i think) 50k or less, it will show up inline in the post as opposed to a link.

Basil

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks again Basil. Yep that's what I tried the first time. Looks like my web page still doesn't allow hot linking. Guess I'll check with the hosting service for what setting I still have wrong.

Bayless