• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

All you Californians can just bite me..

TypeRboy

Jedi Warrior
Guess who's not driving his car today..

Attachments

• 4541-P1010004.JPG
    4541-P1010004.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 142

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I sense some frustation......

- Doug

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
There were days like that when I couldn't even FIND the Elan in the parking lot... Got out and won't go back.

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
and Why? wouldn't you drive it.

bugimike

Yoda
See "Bugeye on ice" post!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Cortinas do the same! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hey, I dug my car out of a foot or two of snow on Tuesday morning, right here in California.

PC.

healeynut

Jedi Knight
Country flag
You should be looking for a parking lot with no cars and then go nuts. Or better yet... what the heck are you taking pictures of your car for? You should be getting fresh tracks and cuttin' the pow pow on the slopes!!!

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

OP
TypeRboy

TypeRboy

Jedi Warrior
You know I would go out and have some fun, but the gearing in this thing is really low and it revs so fast that it would be too easy to over cook it with the rear wheels spinning.. Just what I would need.. another 5 or 6 grand rebuild..ouch..

I'd put a rev limiter on it but we are still negative earth, so there's nothing for it..

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I hate to dissapoint you,but here in
NORTHERN California we've been hit with
rain showers (we're at 200 percent of normal),
& snow down to about 1000 ft.

- Doug

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
jsneddon said:
DrEntropy said:
There were days like that when I couldn't even FIND the Elan in the parking lot... Got out and won't go back.

LOL

and now you can't even FIND it in your garage

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

I have every confidence its in there somewhere. Safe, warm and DRY. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

MoPho

Jedi Trainee
Meh, it's much worse when the weather is beautiful and you still can't drive the car because the engine is out of it. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Geez, Morgan! I thought that was finished with. Figured you were out-and-about and that was why you weren't showin' up around here! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

MoPho

Jedi Trainee
No, it's one of those projects that is only affordable (barely) because it was not a priority job and people are working on it in between other projects. I was hoping it would be done by now though. It's looking like it could be another month or so. Ugh!!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I take that back - weather broke today.
It was about 60 degrees,& the sun was shhining.
Took the TR6 out (need to remember to charge the-
-battery),& did some running around.
Also drove the Cortina MKIII,after it was sitting
for the last 2 weeks.
Now it's supposed to rain on Monday.

- Doug