• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Smolenski sells TVR to American company

swift6

Yoda
Wasn't Burdette one of Sonny Crockett's alias identities? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
OK, this is just another chapter in the roller coaster ride called the 60-year history of TVR. This announcement can be viewed as a good thing for TVR, if the new owners are successful in their venture. They certainly have some interesting plans and I'm glad a return to the US is principal among them.
Let's give them some time to show what they are capable of doing for the marque and how it all shakes out.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
swift6 said:
Wasn't Burdette one of Sonny Crockett's alias identities? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

I was thinking of Tom "Bodet" of Motel 6 fame "We'll leave the light on" /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/troll.gif

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
I will bet anything that this little story is far from over. Before it is done, TVR will be sold again. I love the bit about 2000 vehicles on order. That would be years of production for TVR...get real!
Cheers, David.

hottvr

Jedi Warrior
I've known about this for a few months but couldn't say anything about it because the deal was still in progress. A man that I work with is friends with the frenchman in the article and would give me updates on the sale. Saturday will be a viewing of a Tuscan at Fantasy of Flight in Lakeland. I'd like to go see it.
Rick

TXCoyote

Jedi Hopeful
If true, it is great news. Pardon me if I am sceptical

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Rick,
I'll be there and will post a report and photos on the TVRCCNA website upon my return.
Marshall

hottvr

Jedi Warrior
Marshall,
The car will be brought to The Cigar Bar here in O rlando about 11:00 Sat PM. Will you be there for that?
The company I work for will be catering the event in Lakeland.
Do you know if Ted Smida will be attending any of the functions?
Rick

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
I am not 100% aware of the timeline of events in which I will be participating but we should be able to find time to connect while I'm there. (see P.M.)
To my knowledge,Ted will not be in attendance.
Marshall

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Rick,
If you go to https://www.tvrccna.org you can find my brief report and photos from the weekend. A full article and pics will be in the April/May issue of the TVR Times.
Sorry we didn't have a chance to hook up while I was there.

Marshall

Sparkie

Marshall,

A great article, as usual, Marshall! It looks very promising for TVR; I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I see from the new TVR Times that your 280i sold. It looks like a great family now owns it. I still kick myself at times for passing up your car for the newer '86 280i with only 12K miles that was sitting beside it - after all, it was because of your car and our discussions that we traveled to see the car. If it weren't red as well, I would have purchased your old car. We made a family vacation of picking up the car in Montana and it was the high point of our summer last year! We spent a week traveling around one of the most beautiful parts of our country - near the gate to Glacier National Park.

Thanks again for the parts you were able to source. Without your experience, my windshield wipers would still be spontaneously going off!

Your dedication to the marque is an inspiration to us all.

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
Scotty,
Thanks for your kind comments and I'm glad you enjoyed the article. You're right, my old Tasmin did find a nice home which is gratifying. Now I'm beginning to enjoy my 1987 after having some mechanical "tidying-up" done to it since it had been driven so rarely (just turned 11k miles) and it
is now a joy to drive and I'm anxiously awaiting prolonged warm weather for some enjoyable top-down miles.

Hope you get a lot of pleasure out of yours as well.

Marshall