• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

tonneau for 100-6 longbridge built

Country flag
Hi everybody - I got my top from Heritage about a year ago. My interior is being done by Phoenix Upholstry (Dave Gallagher), he has done the seats and this summer we will tackle the panels and carpet (money permitting). So here's my questions. First, does the Longbridge 100-6 need anything different in the shape of the tonneau? Second, this is a place where I'm trying to reduce the cost as best as I can. Where should I go for a lesser expensive tonneau, and will they understand if the longbridge is slightly different? If it isn't, then no problem. I've priced the usual suspects, and it seems that around $330.00 is the going price. Should I just go with this, or are there other options? Running out of money and SPRING is coming!!

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
LH

There is no difference between the Longbridge BN4 tonneau and the later Abingdon 4 seat roadtsers.

I got mine from AH Spares in the UK, they are about 95 pounds but you'll have to add tax and shipping. Try Bob Yule in Ontario, he imports from AH. Mine was a very good fit.

cheers

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
DerekJ and Patton, thanks to both of you for replying. Now that it seems like the Longbridge doesn't require anything different, it opens up a lot of options for me. I'm trying to balance my desire to get EVERYTHING FINISHED with my available funds, and it seems that the closer I get to being done, the more there is to do.

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior
I would concur about AH Spares. I have bought two tonneau's and two tops from them and the quality is very good considering the price. Shipping in negligible since they are light items. They can also do them in a custom color for only a slightly higher charge.

Patton

Jedi Warrior
longbridgehealey said:
DerekJ and Patton, thanks to both of you for replying. Now that it seems like the Longbridge doesn't require anything different, it opens up a lot of options for me. I'm trying to balance my desire to get EVERYTHING FINISHED with my available funds, and it seems that the closer I get to being done, the more there is to do.

FYI You can get a good break from the Moss price getting it from a reseller like Tony Barnhill (theautoist.com), Ed Kaler (justbrits.com) Jeff Zorn (LBCarCo.com) or Ken Lamers(bscr.com). I have bought from all four and happy with each

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Thanks, Patton - I'm talking to Tony via e-mail to see what we can do.

longbridgehealey, last summer i bought a nos. top for my bj7 for about $100.00 and a nos tonneau cover for about $60.00 both excellent, from sports and classics in stamford ct. he was moving the stores location and found a good inventory of this type stuff, he was advertising on ebay at that time he may have additional inventory. his store is very close to me and i didnt have to pay shipping, at those prices it wouldnt hurt to check. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/savewave.gif