• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What the?!

smcmanus

Jedi Hopeful
Sometimes I see something that boggles my mind. Why would they do this and what the heck is it? It isn't what it first appears to be.

enjoy
Steve

Attachments

• 4463-what1.jpg
    4463-what1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 43

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

bugimike

Yoda
Ah yes, The Anglo-Italian sports car! Mechanically a Spridget with Italian bodywork. Definitly worth saving and a "collectible"! Michelotti also did a version of the Mini (another Anglo-Itallian effort). There is one of these locally for sale in my neighborhood! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Yup... Although the Innocenti Mini (pre-1976) basically looked the same as the British-built Mini, save trim changes

While these Innocenti sports cars had their own unique design

And here in Canada we got the new Innocenti Mini during the 1980's, with an Italian design, as I understand they were a pretty crappy car though, with a Daihatsu engine...

More info here: https://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index.htm?inniminif.htm

innimini_07.jpg

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
....& if its for sale - I want to know where it is!!!

OP
S

smcmanus

Jedi Hopeful
You guys are good! This car was on ebay and I'd never seen anything like it but the first response was exactly correct.
Have a nice day
Steve

Attachments

• 4474-what2.jpg
    4474-what2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 4475-what4.jpg
    4475-what4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 43

bugimike

Yoda
tony barnhill said:
....& if its for sale - I want to know where it is!!!
Tony, it is for sale at European Autos, Alt A1A, Jupiter, Fl. I will get a photo or two for you if you wish and a Tel.#... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Keep watching!!

bugimike

Yoda
Finally got to the mini I mentioned that is on the lot in my neighborhood! Here is what it looks like:

Attachments

• 4579-100_1684.jpg
    4579-100_1684.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 4580-100_1685.jpg
    4580-100_1685.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 4581-100_1686.jpg
    4581-100_1686.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 44

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Jupiter's way down in south FL isn't it?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
South and east.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
That far away, it'd have to be priced right!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Although the orange Mini shown above might be an Italian-built car, it may also just be a Brit-built Clubman (an alternate-styled Mini).

I used to own one.

Actually, to be honest, I'm not sure the Clubman body was ever built in Italy.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Any other word/info on the Innocenti?

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Nice looking Mini Clubman... And for the record, Innocenti never made the Clubman in Italy, there may be countries other than England that may have made them, Australia in particular wouldn't surprise me...

bugimike

Yoda
tony barnhill said:
Any other word/info on the Innocenti?

I can find particulars out for you Tony, it is on a car lot. I only stopped and snapped pics., but I can certainly ask. Maybe I'll give the guy a BCF card while I'm there. The name of the place is European Auto! I looked for a tel.# in the phone book but couldn't find it. I shall get it from them tomorrow!