• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

VTR 2007 in Valley Forge, PA this July

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
So how many of you are planning to attend the 2007 Vintage Triumph Register National Convention in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania?
https://vtr2007.com/index.htm

I would like to challenge ALL the Independent North American Triumph Clubs - NASS, TR7 & 8 Wedge clubs, Six-Pack, and others in North America to all converge on Valley Forge this coming July 17-21 2007. Why?

It is time for a British Revolution at Valley Forge where the independent Triumph clubs strut their stuff amoung all the other Triumphs. It is no longer true in North America that a Triumph has to have a "TR" in its model name. Let's show everyone what made the Triumph a marque that made history.

If your independent Triumph Club is planning on making a showing or sending a represenative squadron or unit, lets start to make plans to get together for the benefit of all Triumphs. I mean we are all part of the same frat - Scions of Triumph, aren't we?

Ever think there could be 500 or more Triumphs gathered in one spot? Why not? Ever been to a British Car show with over 1000 cars? Pretty awesome, yes? Now think about that same car show with ALL Triumphs!!

Put July 17-21 2007 on your Calendar, make your plans now to get your Triumph to the great country roads of Pennsylvania.

Be there!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
It's on my calendar!

NickMorgan

Jedi Knight
Wow! How much would I love to be there! Please take lots of photos.

T

TRDejaVu

I plan on being there as it is only about 14 miles away from me. You are right in that there are some great English style narrow (ish) winding roads, which is what these cars were originally built for.

However, watch out for the deer; I think I hate them more than squirrels. A squirrel will either eat your house wiring or be the subject of the age old driving question, "what was that bump" - a deer (and we have lots of them) can really put a damper on your day.

I look forward to meeting many of the people who have been such a wonderful source of knowledge that I have tapped into to bring the "barn find" back to life.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I would love to go, but I don't think the TR3 will be done by then...maybe if I really push. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
So you Presidents of the Independent Triumph and single model clubs in the USA... Jaguar have your tongues?

The gauntlet has been tossed, the challenge is on. 500 Triumphs at Valley Forge.

Here is the spin: Lets see more attendees going to VTR 2007 at Valley Forge listing their independent club as their primary club than attendees listing VTR chapter clubs. If you are a member of NASS, TSC USA, Six Pack, Wedge Club, or any other North American national club and are attending VTR, list your independent club on you registration form.

Triumph shows are for all Triumphs and people who love Triumphs. If you own a Triumph, lust for Triumph, or just are enthusiastic about a Triumph, then it is time to show your enthusiam.

Let's see Club Banners from all the Independent clubs on display at every moving event, the welcome party, and the awards dinner!

Get to Valley Forge 17-21 July 2007 and declare your independence.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Glen: My Name is Russ & I reside in the Pocono Mtn Area: I surely will be there with My Sweet Old English White `66 TR4A-IRS: I belong to the Delaware Valley Triumphs: We`ll See You There with Your Stag:

Twosheds

Darth Vader
Is TRA an Independant Triumph Club? It's not single-model 'cuz there's TR2-3-4-4A.

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Oh, the nostalgia! I grew up in that area, and spent many brilliant fall Sunday afternoons driving my TR4A through Valley Forge and the surrounding countryside. Alas, I almost certainly won't be able to attend, though. Sigh.

Twosheds

Darth Vader
I have made tentative plans to go to Valley Forge. I plan to convoy with some other Marylanders. But I am having second thoughts because of the expense. A disability check does not go very far! Hotel bill, registration, banquet, T-shirt, parts, it adds up.

I was going to borrow a trailer and tow The Blue TR3 with Dale, the RED Chev-er-lay truck. Now, before you guys go all Trailer Queen on me, let me say that this will be the first time that I have trailered The Blue TR3 to a show. I have driven him to several TRA Nationals. Also to Road America, 850 miles. But I didn't get the Longest Distance Driven award. The guy who won drove a TR6, so I should have won on Index of Discomfort.

Anyway, my illness makes it hard for me to drive the TR3 in the heat. And besides, if one of us should break, we've got a trailer!

What should I do? Throw caution to the wind and [censored] the Torpedoes? Or stay at home and write smart-aleck e-mails all day?

By the way, I'm in TRA and VTR.

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
Art - You and others whose cars are not finished should come anyway. You will see all the other beautiful Triumphs and get even more motivation. Also the National TRA meet is being held near Watkins Glen in up-state New York in mid-June. Not too far for you.

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Andrew Mace said:
Yes, John, TRA would be considered "independent" in this case! I trust everyone realizes that, no matter your club affiliation (or lack of same), you WILL BE a VTR member once registered for the convention!

Andy,
Registering and being or becoming a VTR member, well that is not a bad thing is it? Neither is belonging to an independent club a bad thing.

My point is that those registering do not need to feel they have to list a specific VTR chapter or zone as their "home" club, but that they can proudly list their Independent club affiliation on their registration form.

The idea of this convention is to gather All Triumph enthusiasts, regardless of club affiliation, in one spot for a common cause isn't it? No EXclusion, only INclusion.

I hope that is your point; to promote inter club cooperation for all the clubs in North America and gather them all at a Triumph National Convention.

Just checking ...

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Sarastro said:
Oh, the nostalgia! I grew up in that area, and spent many brilliant fall Sunday afternoons driving my TR4A through Valley Forge and the surrounding countryside. Alas, I almost certainly won't be able to attend, though. Sigh.

Yep, I grew up there too. Went to Valley Forge Memorial Chapel church in Valley Forge park, learned to drive my dad's '63 Herald in the park, attended several Boy Scout Jamborees there, often drove my TR250 to various places in the park to "park".

It is too bad you can not attend. We could have got together and take some out of State Triumphs on some really great PA roads!! But I bet DVTA has a few great road trips up their sleeve.

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Twosheds said:
I have made tentative plans to go to Valley Forge.
What should I do? Throw caution to the wind and [censored] the Torpedoes? Or stay at home and write smart-aleck e-mails all day?

By the way, I'm in TRA and VTR.

Schedule the trailer and the truck, and keep writing the emails! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bow.gif

NickMorgan

Jedi Knight
Don,
Will you be driving down there?
Nick

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
The wife and I will be hosting a BBQ sometime during the VTR event. You are all welcome. The more the better. We are a short 30 minutes from Valley Forge Park. I'll supply the burgers, etc. Bring your favorite beverage.

Details later.

Frank

P.S. Our VTR chapter , Delaware Valley Triumphs, is hosting this event. Just wanted you to know that DVT will be having a huge auction. There will be everthing from many NOS pieces to sheet metal, and an entire car or three.

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
Nick: Your welcome to the BBQ. Please bring some haggas and 2 or 3 bottles of single malt!
Anyway, your exchange rate has never been better!!!
Frank

Twosheds

Darth Vader
StagByTriumph Schedule the trailer and the truck said:
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bow.gif[/img]

O.K. Stag, I made the hotel reservations. Ouch!