• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anyone Interested in Chrome Bumpers?

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I have a line on some Triumph 2000 front bumpers. The guy has 7 of them. I only need two to make bumpers for my 2500M from, but thought if I bought more and split the shipping with others that we could all save some money.
The guy is willing to cut the ends off so that we only pay to ship what we need. The bumpers are ~$40 each (two sides). Let me know if you are interested and we'll go from there. Email me at jdvogel@netzero.net
-Jim

OP
bravenrace

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I'm currently trying to figure out the most economical way of shipping these. So far I haven't had much luck, so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!

bobh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Jim,

I'm interested in the bumpers. I've never heard about Triumph 200 bumpers being used for an M series TVR. Can you tell me more about them? What has to be done to modify them? How close are they to the original TVR pieces?

Thanks,
BOBH

OP
bravenrace

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
This is what I've been told:
The 2000 bumpers go all the way across the car in one piece.
You can take one FRONT bumper from a 2000 MK2, cut off each end, weld a plate to the cut end of each and make 2 of the four bumpers for the 2500M. You'll also have to have them re-chromed. It's my understanding that even the 2000 mounting brackets line up and work on the 2500M. Some have said that these end up being identical to the chrome bumpers that came on TVR's, but I don't know that for sure. I have seen some pictures that verify that they do look VERY similar, if not identical to the originals.
These will cost $90 for a set of four that are cut slightly long and unwelded. You would have to cut them to the specific size, weld the plate on and have them chromed.
This is a fair amount of work and cost, but I believe it will end up much cheaper than other alternatives.
I can get 7 bumpers. I need 2 for me, so I will have 5 more to either buy or not buy, depending on who wants them.
I'm not making any money on this, I just want chrome bumpers on my car and since this fella has more, I thought I'd offer them to others. I'm not sure, but hoping that we can all save money by sharing the shipping expense. I "may" also be interested in doing the mods for others, but I'd have to get something for doing that since it's a lot of work. I am not sure, but I may also be able to get a good deal on plating through my company.
Hopefully I've described the deal clearly.
-Jim

OP
bravenrace

bravenrace

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Yes, they are in the UK.