• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Things to do

Zer

Jedi Trainee
Well, Cleaning of the 45 acre greenhouse is done, all the plants are in. Now I need one day to finish my shed (6 ft by 24 ft by 9 ft high)one day to move all the stuff in the garage to the shed, then let the car fun begin!!!!
New seat covers
new door pannels
new front valance's
crome air cleaner
new valve cover
touch up the paint
and put in the new cd player.

I can't wait to be able to walk around my car in the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also have to take a class 5 boiler enginer course(Satutdays and thursday evenings)
and first baby comming in May ( make the baby room ready).I'm in way over my head!!!!!!!! Zer
shocked.gif

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I've got just one thing to do this winter on my Spitfire - GET my FRIGGIN' Lights working! Ack! Can't find the danged problem!

Bssil

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
I finished converting the hood to opened with gas struts (from Subaru wagon) instead nasty metal bar (which I broke the first day I owned the car). Works really slick. I'll post some pictures sometime.

To do list is finding a thermostat housing that fits and replacing it. I thought I'd got one from BC but it ended up not fitting. I also need to change the points (or convert to elec ignition). Also got to do the engine valances - they just fell apart - might create some in sheet metal though. All the electrics are done and working!

We are also expecting another baby but ours is coming in March. Plus I need to build the fence and deck in the summer.

OP
Z

Zer

Jedi Trainee
It is 45 acres of Tomato's, 30 acres of a varitey called clarence (large tomato on the vine ) and 15 acre of Campari ( a small type, bout 1 inch diameter) All the campari goes to Costco. If you see it with the Windset Farms lable then you know Its from here. We are also planning another 44 acre next door for sweet bell peppers. I will see if I can get some pictures and post them. All the best for the holidays!! Zer
canpatriot.gif
cheers.gif

James in Michigan

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Basil:
I've got just one thing to do this winter on my Spitfire - GET my FRIGGIN' Lights working! Ack! Can't find the danged problem!

Bssil
<hr></blockquote>

Hey Basil, Spitfire light problems are usually cured by tightening the wheel bearings......

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Steve:
Are any of your lights working Basil? If there is nothing at all it would suggest a defective switch.<hr></blockquote>

The side lights and rear lights work, but the headlights don't.

Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zer:
It is 45 acres of Tomato's, 30 acres of a varitey called clarence (large tomato on the vine ) and 15 acre of Campari <hr></blockquote>

We could change your forum name to "Tomato Man"
jester.gif

OP
Z

Zer

Jedi Trainee
Well, almost 7 weeks later the shed is now complete and is full. The best thing is I now can walk around my spit YA HOOOOO!!!! So.... Now I have baby room to paint and redo the computer room so the spare bed from the soon to be new baby room can fit in it, And the boiler coarse is as boring as watching paint dry. So I figure the baby room done this weekend then Im home free.( (until I get the new list of things to do from the wife). I still have hope, It was 14 and sunny for the last 3 days and I wish I was driving. Zer

racing girl

Jedi Knight
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zer:
It is 45 acres of Tomato's <hr></blockquote>

All organic of course?????? I was in Costco today too, but I didn't but tomato's!

Congrats on the baby, and 78Z too! More LBC enthusiasts!

RG
england.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
....the boiler coarse is as boring as watching paint dry.....<hr></blockquote>

Congrats on the improvments and impending future LBC'r.
Hang in there with that boiler course. My dear old Dad took a course like that 35 years ago, and it provided him with a decent living....he put all seven of us through college. He eventually got his Red Seal and Gold Seal (those are higher level-boiler certs here in the U.S.). At 78, he still does a little part-time work, due to that boiler license.
By the way, I assume you mean 14 degrees C. It's sunny and about 14 degrees F here! (Still, not bad. My solar house is perking along nicely due to the sun)

[ 02-14-2004: Message edited by: aeronca65t ]</p>

OP
Z

Zer

Jedi Trainee
YA know, Just when you think you have the wife all figured out..... I come home from the boiler course on Sat ( With flowers ) and I go into the garage and there sits 3 of those red tool cabnets on wheels.... I Thinks I Is a Lucky guy!!!!
Go figure.........On Valentines day and all..
Zer
smile.gif

OP
Z

Zer

Jedi Trainee
Update Feb 24th 2004

Well after 4 coats of paint the baby room is done. Now the wife wants to paint blocks all around the room ( ABC ) So that is her project, I am there for opions but two formen in one 10 x 10 room is asking for trouble. I moved the computer into the closet and cleaned out the garage and hung some pictures from my youth ( The Police live and James Dean ) and you have to hang the dart board. I also got a 70's Pepsi pop machine, with the side door. What a suprise, beer bottle's fit into it. Then while at Home Depot I found some 50 ft x 4 foot mat type of carpet, which goes around the spit quite nice. So all done I open the bonnet and what do I see. The start of a rat's nest.( The problem of living near a farm). Rat S#$T all over. So get out the shop vac and clean that up then put the rat poison all over the garage. Great weekend!!
Sunny and 14 all day Sunday. Zer( Tomato man)